Rude old men in the Gym

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Re: Rude old men in the Gym

Postby Formosa Fitness » 01 Jun 2012, 12:58

dasmania wrote:Why did they have harsh questions? Did they think it was a front for a brothel or something?

Many people here have negative impressions of what gyms are about. Go back and read the comments above or see some of the other threads. Some very disagreeable conduct is tolerated in gyms here and it taints us all.
We are a foreign owned and operated full service gym in Taipei specializing in serious fitness. Check us out: http://formosafitness.com/
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

96 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby Omniloquacious » 01 Jun 2012, 13:57

upandover wrote:Has anyone ever had any encounters with rude a**hole old men in the weight training rooms? ... other random old guy that spoke english comes over and tells me ... he says ... 20 min argument ... was it because I'm a women?

Quite likely. The old twat probably got a hard on from getting up close and personal with you. Especially if you were wearing skimpy or tight-fitting gym attire. He was probably racking his brain for an excuse to talk to you, and that was the best he could think of or dare to try. I don’t suppose it mattered to him that his intrusion into your orbit was far from welcome, and that your interaction was nakedly unfriendly. Maybe it even added a bit more spice to it for him. Like raping your personal space.
If I prioritized the acquisition of wealth above other purposes in life, I might still have come to Taiwan to study Chinese, but I doubt I would have remained here.
寸金難買寸光陰
Forumosan avatar
Omniloquacious
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

69 Recommends(s)
202 Recognized(s)

Postby upandover » 01 Jun 2012, 15:45

Omniloquacious wrote:[quote="]

Quite likely. The old twat probably got a hard on from getting up close and personal with you. Especially if you were wearing skimpy or tight-fitting gym attire. He was probably racking his brain for an excuse to talk to you, and that was the best he could think of or dare to try. I don’t suppose it mattered to him that his intrusion into your orbit was far from welcome, and that your interaction was nakedly unfriendly. Maybe it even added a bit more spice to it for him. Like raping your personal space.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I assure you omniloqacious I wasn't dressed like a whore, I had on a regular tshirt ( not even a tank top) and some shorts, not booty shorts, just regular shorts

Sears catalog models show more skin then I do when I work out
I'm telling you this because you don't get it, and you think you get it, which isn't the same as actually getting it. Get it? - Masashi Kishimoto

Hello pot. My name is kettle. You're black. - Little Kuriboh

Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Forumosan avatar
upandover
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Health and Fitness