WCIF Fitness & WeightLifting Gloves?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

WCIF Fitness & WeightLifting Gloves?

Postby Robotea » 05 Jun 2012, 10:17

Near 101 and shin kong malls. Thanks in advance.
Robotea
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Re: WCIF Fitness & WeightLifting Gloves?

Postby neesh » 07 Jun 2012, 03:48

Are you going to be doing serious lifting or just light workouts? If you are just going to be doing light workouts, the bicycle gloves or driving gloves you find here should be adequate. Get a pair of close fitting leather gloves at any bicycle shop or auto supply shop. My wife has a pair of lightweight leather cut-off finger gloves for driving. They would be fine for light workouts.

I haven't seen high quality gloves like American Spenco gel gloves here. I've looked for years and never seen any.

You could go to World Gym, formerly 24 fitness and Gold's gym and ask the staff where to get gloves. The World Gym website brags that it's the 4th largest chain in the world. If they can't give you a lead, then ... anyhow, their website lists all their Taiwan locations.
neesh
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

12 Recognized(s)

Re: WCIF Fitness & WeightLifting Gloves?

Postby Robotea » 07 Jun 2012, 12:52

Yup, looking for light weight gloves. I'll check out your suggestions above. Thanks for the lead.
Robotea
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Health and Fitness