Anyone heard of Wakamoto?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Anyone heard of Wakamoto?

Postby Tony the Tiger » 04 Aug 2012, 18:00

So I got food poisoning a few weeks ago, again. Ever since I started living in Taiwan, I have gotten food poisoning quite frequently.

Of course my Taiwanese parents and their friends will always say stuff like "oh it's because your immune system is not good", "you body is too weak", etc. Nevermind the fact that in all the years that I lived in California, I didn't get food poisoning a single time.

It was during one of these discussions that they mentioned some type of daily supplement. Supposedly, you take these pills everyday and it'll strengthen your stomach and intestines. I assumed they were talking about probiotics.

So my mom came home with this bottle called "Wakamoto". I'm not sure what it is as all the writing is in Japanese and Chinese. I looked it up and found their website: http://www.wakamoto-pharm.co.jp/en/product/index.html

Has anyone tried this stuff or know what it is?
Born in Taiwan. Grew up in California. Graduated from Cal. State Fullerton in 2008. Studied Chinese for 3 semesters at Shi-Da. Decided to live in Taiwan so I joined the Taiwanese army as 替代役.

Full-time poker player, Part-time English teacher.
Forumosan avatar
Tony the Tiger
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Re: Anyone heard of Wakamoto?

Postby Kea » 04 Aug 2012, 18:34

Sounds like your body is too weak and your immune system is not strong enough. Hit the hills.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

x

Return to Health and Fitness