Weights!

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Postby Mother Theresa » 10 Apr 2007, 15:04

If you live in the Songshan Dist, there's a sports store that sells them on Minsheng E Rd., about halfway between Dunhua N Rd and Guangfu N Rd.

I would think there are lots of sports stores that sell them.
"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

14 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby Hiroshima » 10 Apr 2007, 23:59

HEY, thanks a lot great info, i will have a look, im sure i will find what im looking for there....
Hiroshima
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Where can I buy weights in Taipei or Taipei county?

Postby dreamlife76 » 31 Aug 2007, 17:20

Hi,

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but where can I buy free weights and benches around Taipei? used would be best. I'd especially like to find a home smith machine or squat racks and dumbells up to 100 pounds each. Thanks in advance.
dreamlife76
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Re: Where can I buy weights in Taipei or Taipei county?

Postby Juba » 01 Sep 2007, 00:20

Free weights are widely available at sports shops, e.g. there is one on Nanjing East Road over the road from the sports stadium (east of the Dunhua East Road intersection), one on Shi-Da Road and another I think on or just off Dingzhou Road near Gongguan Night Market. Unfortunately barbells here all seem to have screw ends instead of collars. It wastes a lot of time when adding and taking away weights.

Try also the "Where can I find...?" forum.
Forumosan avatar
Juba
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

A weightlifting bench and weights

Postby vulturejim » 31 Dec 2007, 15:47

Hi, does anyone know where I can find a weightlifting bench and weights, preferrably 2nd hand?

Much appreciated!

Vulturejim
vulturejim

Postby Dragonbones » 17 May 2008, 21:28

Since people have so much trouble finding this stuff, Dragonbabe has been kind enough to scrounge up some info
on places to buy it. No guarantees, as this is just what she found by searching Yahoo Knowledge-plus in Chinese, but here is info for Taizhong (Taichung):
台中清泉崗健康科技公司
喬山金屬工業公司

台中縣大雅鄉清泉路26號
電話 : 04-5667100

Taibei:
http://www.chanson.com.tw/page02.asp?KindID1=910
公司地址:台北市建國北路一段69號 E-mail:service4777@chanson.com.tw
Tel:(02)2507-4777  Fax:(02)2507-9092

Taoyuan:
桃園分公司:桃園縣楊梅鎮楊湖路三段619巷16弄11號 E-mail:factory01@chanson.com.tw
Tel:(03)472-5152 Fax:(03)472-3383

You might need a Mandarin-speaking friend to call first for you to see if they have what you want.

She also says
"There is another store near Banqiao's Wenhua St., near Hansheng W. Rd. (板橋文化路接近漢聲西路口處)", and she
adds that "the weight training stuff is on the second floor"

EDIT: Just found another. There's a chain selling fitness equipment called Sun-Pro (see sun-pro.com.tw) in Taibei, Gaoxiong, Tainan, and Taizhong. The Taibei store is on Nanjing E. Rd. Sec. 4., #21 (ph. 2514-8558). They do have benches and free weights, dumbells, etc.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Re: free weights, sporting goods store

Postby Incubus » 12 Sep 2008, 14:26

I bought some dumbbells from a sporting goods store on Xinsheng S. Rd. directly across from the Tai-Da campus. They specialize in badminton and tennis equipment but also carry some free weights. The store is on the west side of Xinsheng about midway between Xinhai and Roosevelt.
Incubus
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

12 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby Juba » 12 Sep 2008, 15:56

Forumosan avatar
Juba

7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby teggs » 13 Sep 2008, 11:45

This is my favorite sports store in Taipei. They have a good range across most sports and are quite cheap. If you're friendly, you can also get some discount. Located in Shilin close-ish to the night market.

Here's the boss's business card:
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)
teggs
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

3 Recognized(s)

Postby TaipeiSean » 13 Sep 2008, 11:50

I bought my set of dumbbells from my local NT$10 shop up at the night market. They have one corner in the shop dedicated to sports stuff, like badminton rackets, baseball bats, basketballs and stuff like that and some dumbbells and weight plates... pretty cheap, too, I thought. Would have been good thoughf they had a barbell too. ut the dumbells are surfice.
Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans...
Are we having fun yet?
Forumosan avatar
TaipeiSean
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

4 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Health and Fitness