Baby on the way!!!

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Postby Mother Theresa » 20 Apr 2004, 09:17

Thanks. I'm glad he's coming home soon. . . at last. :D
"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

14 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby twocs » 20 Apr 2004, 20:50

If both the parents are foreigners, the baby will have no insurance for the first three months of life.
“You cut taxes and the tax revenues increase.” — President Bush, February 8, 2006
On the Ineffectiveness of Tax Policy in Altering Long-run Growth. Journal of Public Economics. 66(1) 99-126

'''____'''__'''__'___''''''''
....(_.`_)\/\/')`\/.'_)'__).....
'''''''''|.|\.'`.`/()'\'(_\_`)''''''''
.......\_)'\/\/\__/\__)_/........
""""""""""""""""""""""
twocs
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

bad experience at Tai-Da

Postby dix2111 » 14 May 2004, 14:31

My wife is 7 months pregnant. At first we went to Tai-Da and my wife complained about the doctor and the general atmospere of the hospital. I finally went with her to check it out and it was horrible. I've been to hospitals in egypt that were cleaner. Now I'm not just a whiner about the taiwan medical system. I've had really great help there in the past but the obs-gyn section( at least our doctor) was the worst.
in a nutshell, they were not checking the things that were listed on the hospital checklist. They charged the insurance for tests that werent given. it took 2 weeks to get blood test back. the waiting room was dirty and a woman came in bleeding and the doctor told here to sit on a stool and wait untill I got finished asking her irelevant questions about my wife's blood test. It actually gets much worse than that but I've gone on enough.
the good news is that I called a friend(chinese) and she took us to the adventist hospital. so far the adventist hospital is great. any ideas about what to expect for the delivery.

in defense of Tai-Da, it seems that everyone wants to go to Tai-Da to have a baby because it's supposed to have a great reputaion and thats why it was so overcrowded. the doctor had adout 25 pregnant women waiting outside so the pressure must have been enormous just to shuffle them through. nevertheless i wasn't impressed.
dix2111
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Previous

x

Return to Health and Fitness