Potty Training

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Potty Training

Postby Richardm » 17 May 2004, 12:07

Big fun is set to begin. He is 13 months and I think maybe it's too early, but I am not in charge. Apparently it depends on the weather. In the summertime it's easier to keep things dry. As long as he doesn't turn into an anal retentive. They say boys are easier than girls. I never did find a Born to Potty t-shirt.
Richardm
"Drinks for the House!"

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Steeevieboy » 17 May 2004, 13:09

I remember something about moving the kitty litter close to the toilet. Other than that I don't know much about potty training.
Steeevieboy
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Postby daasgrrl » 17 May 2004, 13:29

Yeah, those wild potties... gotta watch 'em.

I wasn't sure if you actually wanted any constructive commentary :)
Hotel Forumosa: Still looking for the exits...
Forumosan avatar
daasgrrl
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Xpet » 17 May 2004, 13:35

... I also didn't quite understand the purpose of your post, Richard, but if you're looking for comments: 1. get in charge, 2. it's way too early IMO
We left Taiwan, but then we didn't ...
Forumosan avatar
Xpet
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

Postby Richardm » 17 May 2004, 13:53

Xpet wrote:... I also didn't quite understand the purpose of your post, Richard, but if you're looking for comments: 1. get in charge, 2. it's way too early IMO

No purpose. I guess I was looking for a. advice b. discussion c. potty jokes, and d. commiseration.
My boy wants to potty all the time potty all the time potty all the time.
(It sounds like party. Get it?)
Richardm
"Drinks for the House!"

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Big Fluffy Matthew » 17 May 2004, 13:55

Xpet wrote:... I also didn't quite understand the purpose of your post, Richard, but if you're looking for comments: 1. get in charge, 2. it's way too early IMO
I agree, I have met Richard, and I don't think he's ready for it yet.
Er.... thingy.
Forumosan avatar
Big Fluffy Matthew
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby daasgrrl » 17 May 2004, 14:06

Big Fluffy Matthew wrote:
I agree, I have met Richard, and I don't think he's ready for it yet.

:lol:

But basically, what Xpet said. Been there, done that. Literature suggests that 18 months is the earliest babies can even become aware that they need to go. Anyone attempting to train before that age is 'toilet timing' which is basically working out when the baby needs to go - some measure of success can be had, but it's nothing to do with the kid. However, if she (I presume the wife/gf) has any genuine success, I'd be interested to hear about it. Fine details not required :)

Of the people I know with kiddies, 2 to 3 years old is the norm.
Hotel Forumosa: Still looking for the exits...
Forumosan avatar
daasgrrl

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Xpet » 17 May 2004, 14:08

I guess that would work with ours too: just call it a "potty party" ... our boys will eat anything (o.k., no direct connection here hopefully) as long as you call it either a "party" or a "picnick" ...
We left Taiwan, but then we didn't ...
Forumosan avatar
Xpet

potty training

Postby bababa » 22 May 2004, 00:11

13 months is way too early. If your wife is actually serious about trying, expect lots of accidents. You could wait until next summer, in my opinion. Some of the kids I know back home didn't start toilet training until they were 3. Personally, I think that's a bit too old, but it's usually quite easy then - Mom: I'll get you that dinosaur model you want if you stop using diapers and start using the toilet. My nephew: OK.
Mission accomplished in about 2 days.
bababa
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

21 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Richardm » 28 May 2004, 14:30

The potty training idea has been canned for now. I want to thank everyone for the straight poop. But it wasn't anything I said, it was just obvious that he isn't ready.
Richardm
"Drinks for the House!"

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Health and Fitness