I have a semi-silly, semi-serious question for all you people who currently live, or has lived, in Taiwan:
"Have you lost, gained, or stayed the same weight as when you 1st arrived in Taiwan?"
The reason I am asking is that I originally thought I would lose weight, but then I thought, - well would I?
REASONS I SHOULD LOSE WEIGHT:
1) Taiwanese food is generally alot healther than UK food (but then again - what isn't?)
2) Fruit and veg can be found anywhere, and again, is alot cheaper than in the UK.
3) V hot in Taiwan - I usually eat less when I am in a hot country.
4) I will sweat alot (sorry - perspire) - therefore I could lose weight that way?
5) I will keep on comparing my big-boned western body to Taiwanese people, and this will ensure that I keep on trying to lose weight.
REASONS WHY I WON'T LOSE WEIGHT:
1) The food is glorious and gorgeous - I will surely have to try everything they can throw at me!
2) I will be busier at work than ever, and so will have less time to eat?
3) Can't be bothered - other things to do.
4) I seem to get forced-fed whenever I am there - by in-laws, food stall-owners, etc...
5) Food is cheap, cheap, cheap - when compared to the UK.
6) Can buy food/drink any time, any place in Taipei...convenience...
As you can see, my mind is very well balanced in terms of this topic, and any thoughts from anyone out there who has experienced/is experiencing this would be much appreciated???
PS - I have ASKED THIS SAME QUESTION IN ANOTHER TAIWAN-ORIENTED FORUM, BUT I JUST WONDERED IF I WILL GET THE SAME ANSWERS HERE AS I DID IN TAIWAN HO!.