hospital not filing claim - whadaya do?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

hospital not filing claim - whadaya do?

Postby bleach » 22 Jul 2004, 08:30

so, a hospital i stayed at in taiwan a couple of years ago never filed the claim form that my insurance company faxed them. I don't know what to do. should i mail the hospital a letter or just let it go? my insurance company informed me that they spoke "on numerous occasions" and "sent a faxed claim form but never received anything back". in short, they closed the file without telling me, letting me believe that everything had gone fine. they seemed quite happy to dismiss it.

why would a hospital not file out and send in a claim form?

I don't know what to do and I'm worried about travelling to Taiwan again. the last thing I need is to thrown in jail the second I get off the plane.

bleach.
bleach
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby miso » 22 Jul 2004, 10:13

why should you get thrown in jail if your hospital didn't fill out a claim form? doesn't make much sense to me. got there. make them fill it out, send it to your insurance and make them pay...otherwise sue them. what are insurances for?
miso
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Postby Hartzell » 24 Jul 2004, 00:03

When you get to Taiwan . . . . .

Perhaps you should go with a friend to the offices of the Bureau of National Health Insurance, and discuss this problem with them.
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at rwh.midway@gmail.com
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
Forumosan avatar
Hartzell
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

19 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Health and Fitness