Prescription meds made in Taiwan?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Prescription meds made in Taiwan?

Postby seeker4 » 14 Sep 2004, 15:01

Hi,

Some of the standard Western prescription or OTC medications are available in Taiwan under different names. I don't know many of them, but located such a condition the other day.

Does anyone know anything about the quality or safety of medicines manufactured in Taiwan?

Seeker4
"There is a benefit even in misfortune, for it is the rod with which a man can measure the loyalty of friends."
-Tirukkural 80:796 (Hindu text)
seeker4
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

Re: Prescription meds made in Taiwan?

Postby robert_storey » 15 Sep 2004, 10:02

seeker4 wrote:Hi,

Some of the standard Western prescription or OTC medications are available in Taiwan under different names. I don't know many of them, but located such a condition the other day.

Does anyone know anything about the quality or safety of medicines manufactured in Taiwan?

Seeker4

As far as I know, there is no problem with this. I couldn't absolutely swear by it, since I'm not a biochemist and I don't test Taiwanese drugs for purity, but any medications I've taken here acted pretty much as they were supposed to. I don't think you need to be overly concerned about this.

regards,
Robert
Forumosan avatar
robert_storey
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Return to Health and Fitness