Massage Therapy

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Massage Therapy

Postby Nam » 22 Sep 2004, 09:10

Does anyone know of a GOOD massage therapist in the Taipei area?

I've lived here for nearly four years and have yet to find one.
There was one who worked in the local spa, but she packed up and moved to Taizhung.

Most of the local spas and clinics either offer, "relaxing massage" or pressure point therapy. Either of which are practiced by people who have never really had any formal instruction or training.

I've had a few accidents, and so my neck and lower back scream for releaf from time to time.

If you have come across one, please post location or phone number here...
Having computer trouble and don't know who to call?
Think you can't afford a new computer to replace what you've currently got?
Need on-site tech-support for small to medium enterprise?
http://www.nationwide.com.tw
info@nationwide.com.tw
Tel: 092 676 3664
There's a reason why we've been around for so long and continue to grow.
Give us a shout and find out why!
Nam
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Re: Massage Therapy

Postby Juba » 22 Sep 2004, 13:56

Someone told me that the blind aboriginal poet Mo Naneng 莫那能 (A Neng) does a very good massage. The address of his massage clinic is 2nd Floor, No. 183-1, Section 3, Bade Road 八德路三段183-1號2樓. Telephone 02-25780470

I have met him and I don't think he speaks English.

There are several massage places near where I live (near Minquan West Road MRT). No idea how good they are.
Forumosan avatar
Juba
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

western massage in Taipei

Postby whitetiger » 13 Jan 2007, 08:50

For those of you who would like to suggest a search, save it. Can someone tell me where to get a western massage in Taipei? They must have atleast one place. Not interested in any form of Asian technique. Thanks.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein
Forumosan avatar
whitetiger
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Yellow Cartman » 13 Jan 2007, 10:47

Define Western vs. Asian massage?

I went to the Foot Massage Center last night. You may have noticed their flyers/ads around Taipei. It was highly recommended by a colleague. Really liked it. Will definitely go back.

EDIT:
I finished browsing through their English website and I would agree about their staff's professionalism. Everything about them from when you enter to getting your massage is nicely done - well lit, very clean, clear instructions (to me), very efficient, effective massage. My masseur really seemed to know what he was doing. He would ask me some things every now and then throughout the 60min + massage therapy session. At the end, I felt so much better and this morning I still feel much better too.
Trillian: You idiot! You signed the order to destroy Earth!
Zaphod: I did?
Arthur: He did?
Trillian: Love and kisses Zaphod? You didn't even read it, did you?
Zaphod: Well, I'm president, I don't have a lot of time for reading.
Trillian: My whole planet destroyed because you thought someone wanted your autograph!
Forumosan avatar
Yellow Cartman
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

1 Recognized(s)

Cheap and deep back and shoulder massage

Postby Jialin » 22 Jun 2012, 07:53

Hi. I'm wondering if there are any good places in Taipei to get massage - not foot, but rather back and shoulders. And if there are any decent cheap places. In Mainland China, I know you can find lots of great places that are dirt cheap and give you really, really deep massages. Are there places like this or do you have to pay big bucks?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Follow me on Twitter @3lleryy
Forumosan avatar
Jialin
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

1 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Re: western massage in Taipei

Postby Dragonbones » 22 Jun 2012, 09:16

There are numerous threads on this, which use of the search function will uncover. I'm merging some of them and sending them to Health for a merger with a couple others. Please run a search before starting a new thread, and if you find a thread but it's stale info, please append your post to that thread asking for more up-to-date info. Thanks!
DB, Moderator
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Re: western massage in Taipei

Postby Jialin » 22 Jun 2012, 10:11

Dragonbones wrote:There are numerous threads on this, which use of the search function will uncover. I'm merging some of them and sending them to Health for a merger with a couple others. Please run a search before starting a new thread, and if you find a thread but it's stale info, please append your post to that thread asking for more up-to-date info. Thanks!
DB, Moderator

I did do a search and did not find this thread. Also, I feel my question is more specific. Thanks.
Follow me on Twitter @3lleryy
Forumosan avatar
Jialin

1 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Health and Fitness