Night Sweats

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Postby OldToeSave » 15 Dec 2004, 11:38

rantheman wrote:toe save,
do you snore? snorers struggle during the night and sweat a lot.

Oh do I snore. This is why I love the Perfect PArtner so much. She has never, not once, complained about it. My ex-wife would wake me up the minute I started sawing.

Maybe some sleep apnia laser surgery might help. Anyone ever do this? I had a friend back in Whistler who did. His breath smelt like burning flesh for a week. Nice.

Shin-Gua, it is too easy to blame my postings for this. I stand by everything I've written. :wink:

Thanks SH and RtM.

Jlick, the silk is sooooooooo comfy tho....but I'll give it a try and report back. I've been wanting to buy a flannel sheet for awhile. Anyone ever see flannel sheets in Taiwan? I may have to get some sent over the pond.
OldToeSave
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

Postby panda » 15 Dec 2004, 13:50

Costco had flannel sheets a while back but not sure about now. Silk sheets are the probable cause as silk does not breath at all. I remember when I had a nice black silk shirt but could never wear it because of the sweat buildup underneath.
Forumosan avatar
panda
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Namahottie » 15 Dec 2004, 22:13

I too occationally sweat a lot at night. and have been told i snore, but I think who ever said that it may be due to liver or kidney problems, may be right since I've just been told that my liver is off therefore affecting my kidney, heart and stomach functions. Best of luck in your search
@michellemalkin Just so we're perfectly fucking clear here: You're a crazy fucking shitwad. Enjoy your night. Read more at @MayorEmanuel
Namahottie
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Shin-Gua » 16 Dec 2004, 10:46

Years ago I was in a bad motorcycle accident. When I became barely concious (drugged) in intensive care I was profusely sweating. The next time I became concious I was still profusely sweating even though they had a fan blowing on me ( and intensive care is like being in a freezer!). The third time I regained conciousness I was still sweating, and remembered sweating the first two times I woke up, and just couldn't understand why I was sweating. Then I discovered I was laying on those thin blue plastic waterproof diapers (or chucks) that hospitals are so fond of. By wiggling around and pulling (very weakly) I managed to get them out from under me. I cooled right off and quit sweating. Don't sleep on anything that is remotely waterproof!!
If you're gonna bitch, GO HOME!
I think for myself, so don't ask me for references to other peoples thinking.
Youall better pull your head out of your arse, 'cause if you don't, your brain will still be having sex!
Shin-Gua
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Health and Fitness