Massage - Good and Affordable?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Massage - Good and Affordable?

Postby Europa » 15 Dec 2004, 23:07

Does anyone know where to get a good back massage on the red/green line at a reasonable price? Like nt$600 for an hour or maybe nt$800?
Europa
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Tigerman » 16 Dec 2004, 00:15

Where is the red/green line?

My wife recently took me to a place on the corner of Civil Blvd. and Fuxing S. Rd for a massage.

I thought it was mostly torture. If it didn't hurt tremendously, it tickled.

The cost was NT$ 800/hour.
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Forumosan avatar
Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

232 Recommends(s)
156 Recognized(s)

Postby Tetsuo » 16 Dec 2004, 00:19

Tigerman wrote:Where is the red/green line?

Xindian-Danshui MRT.
You're going to listen to me? To something I said? Jesus, man, haven't I made it abundantly clear during the tenure of our friendship that I don't know sh**? I mean, half the time I'm just talking out of my ass - Brodie Bruce, Mallrats
Tetsuo
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

Postby Grinder » 16 Dec 2004, 01:36

Have you tried those massage places run by blind people? There is one near CKS MRT, slightly to the left across the road from the cop shop. Closer to the MOS Burger.
Hope that makes sense.... :cool:
Grinder
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

3 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 16 Dec 2004, 06:13

Many hospitals have blind massage "therapists" working often in the physio department area. Do a search, I know we discussed this once before.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

710 Recognized(s)

Postby JeffG » 16 Dec 2004, 10:33

If you live in Taipei City the blind massage therapists will come to your hotel or home also, you don't even have to go out.

ATTN: American Citizens living in Taiwan, please support American Citizens Abroad - ACA http://www.americansabroad.org/

Americans living in Taiwan CALL your senators and representatives and ask them to repeal FATCA and support residency based taxation (RBT) for Americans living abroad! Writing a letter is useless! FATCA to be implemented on July 1, 2014, if you want to move money around, do it now!

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
C.S. Lewis
Forumosan avatar
JeffG
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)

10 Recognized(s)

Postby iris » 16 Dec 2004, 11:56

There are blind people giving massages on the 2nd floor at the Adventist hospital. They're not affiliated to the hospital, if I understood the website correctly. Supposedly, there are also blind people giving massages at Taipei main station somewhere near the ticket counters. Don't know about the prices though.

Does anybody know where to get Thai-style massages in Taipei?

Thanks
Iris
Iris in transition: Are we there yet?
Forumosan avatar
iris
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

Postby sandman » 16 Dec 2004, 14:22

They also have blind massagers at Chang Gong hospital on Dunhua, in the room where you queue to pay and collect prescriptions.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Massage by Blind People

Postby Ipoh Heights » 16 Dec 2004, 15:15

Grinder wrote:Have you tried those massage places run by blind people? There is one near CKS MRT, slightly to the left across the road from the cop shop. Closer to the MOS Burger.
Hope that makes sense.... :cool:

How do they charge? Which MRT exit towards this massage place? Address?

TIA.
Ipoh Heights
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Bassman » 16 Dec 2004, 20:44

I've been waiting, and waiting for someone to take this thread into the gutter and....................................

nothing :lol:

:bravo: :bravo: I am so proud of you sandman :bravo: :bravo:
Forumosan avatar
Bassman
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

3 Recognized(s)

Next

Return to Health and Fitness