WCIF: Protein (soy or whey) for workouts?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Re: WCIF: Protein (soy or whey) for workouts?

Postby Formosa Fitness » 06 Jun 2011, 20:02

There's a scare right now about food additives in Taiwan so I just wanted to drop folks a note about our proteins to reassure them. In the past, we've gotten a few complaints that our protein isn't cheap enough but the recent scare shows why we carry it. Our protein isn't the cheapest junk you can get with God only knows what's in it. Our Biochem protein is the safest, healthiest we could find and we looked at dozens of options. It's from the States and has meet some of the highest standards you can hold a protein to. The ingredients are all-natural, there are no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners used. In fact, there are only 5-6 ingredients, unlike every other protein out there. And the protein comes from non-growth hormone dairy sources.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Thanks for the continued support.
We are a foreign owned and operated full service gym in Taipei specializing in serious fitness. Check us out: http://formosafitness.com/
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

98 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 10 Jun 2011, 16:02

How much is it?
And where can I get some?
I don't really trust food products from the States.
At the moment I use something from Holland - I can't remember what it is called - it's not bad. If yours is better then I might get some.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby Formosa Fitness » 11 Jun 2011, 09:01

The proteins are NT1500 for a month supply. You can see the flavors here: http://formosafitness.pixnet.net/blog/post/33023616

The Biochem proteins are offered exclusively at our studio here in Taipei.
We are a foreign owned and operated full service gym in Taipei specializing in serious fitness. Check us out: http://formosafitness.com/
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness

98 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby SPIMPORT » 24 Oct 2011, 11:06

If you like All American EFX products you can contact me to get it in Taiwan.

Cheers
SPIMPORT
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Shimokitazawa » 31 Jul 2012, 22:27

calitotaiwan wrote:The best place to buy protein is in Ximending. There is a store behind the Carre Four, but I don't know
the name. The sell just about everything you will need to train or exercise.

Do you know the name of this store now and the exact location of it?

I checked Google Maps and didn't see anything that looked like that sort of store.
Shimokitazawa
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Nuit » 22 Sep 2012, 15:05

Formosa Fitness wrote:The proteins are NT1500 for a month supply. You can see the flavors here: http://formosafitness.pixnet.net/blog/post/33023616

That Biochem Berries mix is one tasty beverage, got some in on order, but the supplier doesn't have the regular Vanilla or Choc.
FF, do you always carry this stuff in your gym - can I just walk in and buy?
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

74 Recommends(s)
100 Recognized(s)

Postby Formosa Fitness » 23 Sep 2012, 09:09

Nuit wrote:
Formosa Fitness wrote:The proteins are NT1500 for a month supply. You can see the flavors here: http://formosafitness.pixnet.net/blog/post/33023616

That Biochem Berries mix is one tasty beverage, got some in on order, but the supplier doesn't have the regular Vanilla or Choc.
FF, do you always carry this stuff in your gym - can I just walk in and buy?

Sorry, we switched brands. We now carry Syntrax Nectar flavors. They're even tastier and since it's pure isolate, you can eat them out of the can. We currently have chocolate and cappuccino flavors in stock.
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness

98 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Health and Fitness