random question: plastic surgery

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Postby Poagao » 25 Sep 2002, 11:41

Why do more women than men choose plastic surgery? This has something to do with men's superficiality. Most women don't care too much about a man's looks and body, but most men covet women's looks and body. So in order to please men, a bunch of poor girls without self-esteem line up for surgery. To conclude: the plastic surgery industry booms is all because men are shallow!!! :roll: :twisted:

If it's the girls having plastic surgery to please other people rather than the guys, the guys are the shallow ones? Lemme guess, you're the lawyer that convinced the guy who got fat eating fast food to sue Burger King, right?
Forumosan avatar
Poagao
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

5 Recommends(s)
77 Recognized(s)

Postby jeepers » 25 Sep 2002, 11:51

Cosmetic surgery's pretty easy to spot.
    Eyes: You gotta watch her when she blinks. There'll be this not-so-fine scar line across the eyelids.
    Nose: Surest way is to touch it. It'll feel stiff like fiber, as in fiberglass. Another way is to spot those silicon sticks in each nostrill. For that, she'd have to be looking up at something, like, oh look it's superman, and you'll catch a peek.
    Face: For face lifts, the wrinky necks are a sure give away. Why can't they stretch that too?
    Boobies: They're getting harder to spot now adays 'cause of those tripled-layered-super-padded bras.

Oh, and if they're droopies, then probably real.
jeepers

Postby Anonymous » 25 Sep 2002, 13:18

Lemme guess, you're the lawyer that convinced the guy who got fat eating fast food to sue Burger King, right?

Oh, You're flattering me, .. :oops: :oops: I'm absolutely not so gifted or genius when it comes to making money..... :lol:
Anonymous

Postby Flipper » 25 Sep 2002, 16:55

jeepers wrote:Cosmetic surgery's pretty easy to spot.
    Eyes: You gotta watch her when she blinks. There'll be this not-so-fine scar line across the eyelids.

ok, this is what I was looking for. i noticed that a friend of mine had sort of a crease across the middle of her eyelid when she blinks. she told me that she would never get plastic surgery, but I was kinda suspecting that she got the double lid job. frankly, I'm not sure why as I don't really think there's any difference between double and single lids myself...
Flipper
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Mucha Man » 25 Sep 2002, 18:24

Okay, I've got this friend, eh, who's got a really terrific bust, but I suspect it may be fake as I've seen pictures of her when she was 15, and she definitely didn't have such a figure then. I also noticed that her hair looks different on different days. Sometimes it's as shiny as polished chrome, other times it's as dull as mudwater. It even changes colors occassionally. Oh and then there are her teeth. Gotta be fake. Well, I know they are as I've seen pictures of her wearing braces when she was a teenager. Oh, and she's not that smart either but she's managed to fake everyone out with her hard work. God, I can't believe I'm friends with such a phoney.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

887 Recognized(s)

Postby Flipper » 25 Sep 2002, 21:36

I think with breasts you should check tactilely. and maybe scan for scar lines. ;)
Flipper

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Spack » 26 Sep 2002, 10:22

B.B.
Yes, of course the steel ball in the you-know-where does not give women more pleasure. That is why I put the words "for her pleasure" in inverted commas. DUH!
As for your conclusion that "the plastic surgery industry booms beacause men are shallow": WAHAHAHA!! - pardon me for laughing. Of course, what you meant to say was:

The plastic surgery industry is booming beacause women are shallow enough to think that changing their appearance will make them happy. If some women want to please men by having plastic surgery, does that not make them just as shallow as men?
Spack
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Why they do it

Postby redwagon » 26 Sep 2002, 12:26

Spack wrote:If some women want to please men by having plastic surgery, does that not make them just as shallow as men?

I think most women will agree that they spend so much time/money on their appearance for the sake of:
1. Themselves
2. Other women
3. Men
In that order.

Get over it guys, it's mostly not for your benefit. I'm willing to accept improvements as a side effect though :wink:
redwagon
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

1 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Mother Theresa » 26 Sep 2002, 12:38

In any event, assuming it were true that men are most interested in women's looks and women are most interested in men's money, which is more shallow? They both sound superficial to me. As for me, I like a woman who knows how to wrestle. :wink:
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

14 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby Anonymous » 26 Sep 2002, 12:51

Easy, Spack, I've never said it is YOUR opinion that the implant of a steel ball in the we-all-know-where could give a woman pleasure. See? I said "men's myth" instead of "your myth" (and who knew if you're a boy or girl?)

As for which sex is shallower, it is hard to tell. Each sex, or even each person has his (oops, OR HER :mrgreen: ) particular shallow side........ Is this PC enough? Hew!! :wink:
Anonymous

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Health and Fitness