VI. Labor and Health Insurance
1. All ROC citizens and foreign laborers holding an ARC must be enrolled in the National Health Insurance Program
2. Those foreign laborers employed in an establishment with more than five laborers must enroll in the Labor Insurance Program
through the employing organization.
3. Health insurance premium shall be 4.25% that of the insured amount; Labor Insurance premium shall be 6.5%. Premiums for occupational accident insurance varies by profession and can range between 0.09-3%. Payment of occupational accident insurance premiums is the sole responsibility of the employer.
4. Payment of health insurance premiums for foreign laborers shall be as follows: employer pays 60%, government pays 10%, employee pays 30%.
5. Foreign laborers hired as household help shall have the option of joining the Labor Insurance Program.
6. All rights and responsibilities concerning insurance for foreign laborers shall be governed by the Labor Standards Law as well as Labor Insurance regulations.
Source: ROC Labor Standards Law concerning wages, hours, leave and holidays
Note: The term "foreign laborers" in this law does
include white-collar employees.
Another note: The Bureau of Labor Insurance
is currently taking action against rotten employer Interface Global
because the company has failed to pay Labor Insurance for its employees for over a year. It hasn't paid its National Health Insurance