Anyone know of a good massage place in TW?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Anyone know of a good massage place in TW?

Postby Rampage » 25 Oct 2002, 20:19

Taipei area...
Rampage

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Gavin Januarus » 25 Oct 2002, 20:30

Or in the Zhonghe area. Just a legit old-fashioned back and neck pounding for that computer kink in my neck.
Gavin Januarus

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby kelake » 25 Oct 2002, 21:57

I would love to know that as well. I am not really interested in what passes for massage at the places I have gone to and have been looking for some time for a place that offered authentic traditional Thai or Indonesian massage.
kelake
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

19 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Alien » 26 Oct 2002, 09:17

Blind massage and foot massage places ala Taipei Times, Ian Bartholomew:
15. Te Chang Blind massage
The old town, like most old towns in cities around the world, is also a bit of a red-light district. Signs for massage parlors line the main streets, and are even more numerous in the alleys. Places offering massage, as opposed to sexual services, are sometimes hard to distinguish, but a good rule-of-thumb is to look out for the blind masseuse symbol. No. 46 Ninghsia Road is worth a try. This is quality massage, but the venue is less than salubrious. Cost: NT$700 for an hour's workover. Tel: 2556-3299; available between around 10am and 2am.

16. Sheng Kuang Fang Traditional Therapy Center
If the appearance of modernity and correct hygiene practices is important to you, then Sheng Kuang Fang might be a better choice. The center, with its glass exterior and no-shoes-please wooden floor specializes in foot massage. Sit in first-class airline seats and have the white-coated staff get to work on your feet. You'll feel better for it. Prices start at NT$550 for a simple foot massage.
13 Chongqing N. Rd., Section 2, tel: 2559-0606. 10am to midnight.
Alien
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

1 Recognized(s)

Re: Anyone know of a good massage place in TW?

Postby JeffG » 29 Oct 2002, 16:58

Rampage wrote:Taipei area...

guest wrote:Or in the Zhonghe area. Just a legit old-fashioned back and neck pounding for that computer kink in my neck.

Please try to be more specific, addresses and phone numbers are quite helpful, or at least a more specific area, landmarks that are near by, etc...

ATTN: American Citizens living in Taiwan, please support American Citizens Abroad - ACA http://www.americansabroad.org/

Americans living in Taiwan CALL your senators and representatives and ask them to repeal FATCA and support residency based taxation (RBT) for Americans living abroad! Writing a letter is useless! FATCA to be implemented on July 1, 2014, if you want to move money around, do it now!

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
C.S. Lewis
Forumosan avatar
JeffG
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)

11 Recognized(s)

Blind

Postby JeffG » 29 Oct 2002, 17:01

If you stop by any major hotel in Taipei City you can ask them for phone numbers to the blind massage places. These people are well trained and give a pretty decent massage. They will come to your hotel or home for about $800NT, but only in Taipei City, if you live outside Taipei City you have to go to their shop. There are several companies that do this in Taiwan, if anyone knows any specific numbers or addresses, please post them. Thanks.

ATTN: American Citizens living in Taiwan, please support American Citizens Abroad - ACA http://www.americansabroad.org/

Americans living in Taiwan CALL your senators and representatives and ask them to repeal FATCA and support residency based taxation (RBT) for Americans living abroad! Writing a letter is useless! FATCA to be implemented on July 1, 2014, if you want to move money around, do it now!

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
C.S. Lewis
Forumosan avatar
JeffG

11 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 22 Jun 2012, 09:16

Can we send this to Health for a merge pls?
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby Tony the Tiger » 29 Jun 2012, 00:03

Whoa old thread. I'm interested in getting a massage also.

I just came across this ad site for "massages":
http://tw.nightlife141.com/zh/

Most of the listings have a link to this site:
tw.myblog.yahoo.com/yuki-massag

How do these things work? And has anyone ever tried it?
Born in Taiwan. Grew up in California. Graduated from Cal. State Fullerton in 2008. Studied Chinese for 3 semesters at Shi-Da. Decided to live in Taiwan so I joined the Taiwanese army as 替代役.

Full-time poker player, Part-time English teacher.
Forumosan avatar
Tony the Tiger
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recognized(s)

Postby JeffG » 29 Jun 2012, 00:21

Ummm wow, yes a very old thread, from when I was a mod even. ha!
Ummmm the 141 site I don't think has "normal" massages... I think they are of the special kind... Never tried and wouldn't call them because based on viewing the HK141 site, I would suspect they are not just offering a massage..

This thread was originally for aroma therapy or other "normal" type massages I think, so if you are looking for the special kind I have no idea and not sure it would be allowed here anyway... For regular massages all I know is that prices have gone up, much like everything else.. and it seems like the stores are everywhere now, shouldn't be hard to find one. They seem to have put together both foot and body massages...

C.S. Lewis
Forumosan avatar
JeffG

11 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Health and Fitness