Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Bodybuilding Supplements

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Re: Bodybuilding Supplements

Postby jason242 » 17 Sep 2011, 23:11

Costco is not such a good deal. I checked it this weekend. The eas whey protein is in a 5lbs container. Bb.com has a 5lbs bag of optimum whey for 47.99usd which is 1420ntd. Unfortunately after shipping the cost goes up to 2200+. Their 10lbs bag after shipping is 125.57usd (3715nt) though, so I'm considering my options. Alot of people trust optimum, but ive heard nothing about EAS.
J_D
jason242
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

1 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby taichungfootballer » 01 Oct 2011, 08:04

Cosco has Whey protein powder.
taichungfootballer
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby 12ice » 24 Oct 2011, 13:10

I think bodybuilding has the best shipping price to Taiwan and costs lot less than buying from Taiwan's GNC. I've always got my stuff from bodybuilding.com and always got my mom or friends to bring back my order whenever they come to Taiwan, but I'm about to run out so I thought I just see how much it'll cost to be shipped to Taiwan and I think it's still a good deal because it's still way cheaper than buying it here in Taiwan. I've ordered 4lbs of MusclePharm Combat protein proder (best tasting protein powder I've tasted so far), 2lbs MusclePharm Assualt preworkout powder, 2 bottles of Optimum Promaxx multi-vs, and 3 bottles of Optimum L-Carnitine and total came out to around 200 dollars (shipping $40).
12ice

Postby robinhood5000 » 24 Oct 2011, 14:47

GNC is way over-priced. Boycott!!!!

Try this site. It's all in Chinese, so you might need a friends help, but its pretty reasonable.

http://www.pcstore.com.tw/takmg/
robinhood5000
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby The Daily Drucker » 24 Oct 2011, 15:24

Tainan City
Muscle Builder Nutrition
06 2296998
Good guy speaks english. Better if you speak Chinese.

Taipei City
Miracle Growth International.
Daniel Lin 0955117665 office 02 2311-6151
Speaks great English
Protien Creatine etc etc.
This guy is who I always buy from.
Recent Purchase:
Hyper Whey Protien 5lbs 1700 (free shaker)
24 gms protien / serv 130calories Awesome

Googled Egg white nutritional info and found: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate ... egg-white/

You can find nutritional info for anything on livestrong!
World Gym Neihu District
www.worldgymtaiwan.com
Here We Grow Again!!!!
Forumosan avatar
The Daily Drucker

Postby calitotaiwan » 16 Jun 2012, 15:58

I have found one great store for ALL bodybuilding supplements.
I routinely buy Whey Protein (Dymatize) 5lbs=$1800 and Creatine Monohydrate.
They also have: No xplode, Glutamine, Weight Gainers, and other stuff.
Ask for whatever you need, and you might get lucky.
Open after 1 or 2pm until 9ish.

Address: 17 YongFu St. (behind Carre Four in Ximending)
Near intersection of Aiguo and Zhonghua
Forumosan avatar
calitotaiwan

5 Recognized(s)

Postby Exister » 22 Jun 2012, 14:08

It's kind of got a lot of random stuff (I think it is ran by some 'bears' in Taipei, ha), I always use this place for creatine and whey protein, screw Taiwan GNC: http://tw.user.bid.yahoo.com/tw/user/Y1629328082?userID=Y1629328082&catID=&catIDselect=&clf=&u=:Y1629328082&f=&s1=img&o1=a&at=false They are super fast, I live in Yilan and always get it the very next day after making the ATM transfer. I get Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard whey protein and creatine, and sometimes Muscle Milk. I'm not sure about setting up a Yahoo Auction account or anything, I just use my girlfriend's. You'll need to be able to read some Chinese to navigate the site.
"The beat-up side of what they call pride could be the measure of these days."
Forumosan avatar
Exister

4 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby rtg03d » 26 Jun 2012, 19:39

Thanks for that tip about the place on YongFu St. I stopped in there today and got a 5lb tub of whey for $1800 and they had a pretty good selection.
rtg03d

Re: Gaining weight

Postby trubadour » 27 Jun 2012, 08:31

aceman wrote:What is the best method for gaing weight? I eat like a pig but never gain a pound. I work out 3 times a week at the gym, and was thinking about taking creatine, calorie shakes, or protein shakes. What is the best combo? Dosage? The cheapest?

Thanks!

Another poster already said something but you seem a little misguided about the whole process. Eating 'like a pig' is not going to get you anywhere. It's very important what you eat. Eat like a healthy person (until you feel full) but eat proper food. No white stuff (rice or bread or pasta), no refined sugar, eat brown rice, vegetables, no fried food, eat lean meats, vegetables, fruit. The hardest is not to eat the refined stuff - but you can get really good rice here and the fruit and veg is so cheap and fresh. The meat is OK, too (but often fried).

Working out three times a week is good but it really depends on how you work out. You really need to work on form so you work the muscles you intend to work in the way that really stimulates growth.

Like the other reply said, you do need to sleep really well and not over-train. So, you should consider training in cycles.

Without proper food, proper rest and proper form you will be going nowhere, slowly. Shakes and stuff will only complicate things.
trubadour
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

114 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Re: Gaining weight

Postby funkymonkey » 27 Jun 2012, 11:11

trubadour wrote:You really need to work on form so you work the muscles you intend to work in the way that really stimulates growth.

And to prevent injuries.
Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important.

- Eugene McCarthy
Forumosan avatar
funkymonkey
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

32 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Health and Fitness