Formosa Fitness

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Re: Formosa Fitness

Postby Formosa Fitness » 15 Mar 2012, 13:51

Thank you!
We are a foreign owned and operated full service gym in Taipei specializing in serious fitness. Check us out: http://formosafitness.com/
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
31 Recognized(s)

Postby mike029 » 16 Mar 2012, 16:55

Just wanted to add here that I met with Dave last weekend to discuss my training options, and I could not be more satisfied.

I have the 'skinny guy' problem, where I'm not out of shape in any way, fairly athletic, but I just can't put on any muscle mass. Dave taught me some new techniques with correct posture and form and gave me a workout routine that will help me build muscle mass instead of just burning calories. He also taught me more effective (and time saving) stretching techniques and gave me some nutrition advice and ways to limit wasting the precious amount of calories in my system. I generally can get out of the gym in around 30-40 minutes depending on how many people are in there, and I feel like I've received a real workout thanks to the full-body exercises Dave recommended for me. When you can feel every major muscle group in your body pulsing you know something is right.

It's been about a week now and I have already starting adding weight to my workout, which is a sure sign that I am progressing way more than before. Dave is a real pro, and I recommend that anyone who is serious about their fitness goals should definitely meet with him.
mike029
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

3 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby Formosa Fitness » 16 Mar 2012, 21:18

Wow. Thanks for the kind words, Mike! Glad we could help you out!
We are a foreign owned and operated full service gym in Taipei specializing in serious fitness. Check us out: http://formosafitness.com/
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
31 Recognized(s)

Postby Formosa Fitness » 21 Mar 2012, 19:54

One of the best things about my job is getting great results out of normal people. Here is one of my top female clients squatting 70kg 20 times! She's a latent athlete for sure. Had she been born in a culture that valued sports more highly, who knows what she could have done. She had never really exercised before she came to us and look what she's capable of now.

I love my job. :)
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
31 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 21 Mar 2012, 23:59

That was awesome to watch!!! :bravo: :notworthy:
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

Postby Formosa Fitness » 22 Mar 2012, 18:41

Glad you liked it. She's the strongest legal secretary in Taiwan for sure. :cool:
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
31 Recognized(s)

Postby syrianrue » 25 Mar 2012, 21:25

hi there,

what exactly is the difference between the competition kettlebells and the classic kettlebells that are available for formosa fitness? what are the pros and cons for each? and which one is more efficient and beneficial for training?

By the way, does anyone know where i can buy gymnastic rings like Xtreme Rings, Rouge Rings, EXF Rings?
syrianrue
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Kea » 25 Mar 2012, 23:26

Hi. Where is your new gym? Good luck, it looks promising.

EDIT: In response to your reply: Thanks, you're doing a great job, hope you continue to have a solid business and keep increasing your strength=you look really fit.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby Formosa Fitness » 26 Mar 2012, 21:05

syrianrue wrote:hi there,

what exactly is the difference between the competition kettlebells and the classic kettlebells that are available for formosa fitness? what are the pros and cons for each? and which one is more efficient and beneficial for training?

By the way, does anyone know where i can buy gymnastic rings like Xtreme Rings, Rouge Rings, EXF Rings?

Hi. The classic kettlebell is what most everyone uses for fitness training. We carry it in sizes from 4-32kg so all ability ranges are covered. These bells are solid iron and practically indestructible. The competition bells are all uniform in size even if the weight goes up, meaning they are larger than most all of the classic bells except the 32kg. Some like the bigger, uniform size, some don't. The handles and size of the bell are all the same because these are used for competition, so they most all be made to a competition standard. We carry 8-32kg. These bells are made of steel and the handle will rust if you don't use it regularly but it has a more natural feel.

I don't sell rings but you might want to check out our STX: http://formosafitness.com/?page_id=412
I designed it to give people the same type of exercises you can get from the TRX but because of the split design, you can do muscle ups, pullups, dips, etc. like on rings. Can't do those on TRX.

Thanks for looking at our products and let me know if I can assist you further.
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
31 Recognized(s)

Postby Formosa Fitness » 26 Mar 2012, 21:10

Kea wrote:Hi. Where is your new gym? Good luck, it looks promising.

Hi. Thanks for the kind words. Here's a link to our soon-to-be location: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207 ... 501e&msa=0

We're just 5:00 west of GuTing MRT station. Please feel free to stop by and visit when we open next week! And let me know if you have any more questions.

Here's us unloading 6 tons of equipment. What a workout!

BTW, everyone feel free to join our Formosa Fitness Facebook page for more updates: https://www.facebook.com/formosafitness

Thank you!
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
31 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Health and Fitness