Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

STD, HIV Clinics - Anonymous

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Re: STD, HIV Clinics - Anonymous

Postby Flicka » 03 Nov 2011, 21:30

jc.rocketfingers wrote:And so, to sumarize nearly 9 years worth of comments, nobody knows of a place on the island which will do a comprehensive STD check? :bravo:

This place runs all kinds of tests -- STDs, diabetes, cholesterol, everything. They even let me take my dog to get x-rayed there once. You don't need to leave your actual name or show an ID "if it isn't convenient". They are quick and professional, with no weird looks. They aren't far from La Rouge at Xinpu station in Banqiao (make it a disease-testing and pizza night! :beer: ).

聖鴻醫事檢驗所
新北市板橋區陽明街2號1樓
02-2255-9206
Forumosan avatar
Flicka
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

1 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Cooperations » 06 Nov 2011, 15:39

I have personally been to all 3 of these places below-let's just say I needed their services, lol. The first two have free blood tests for HIV, amoeba, and syphilis. You can also take pee tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia-if you think you have these somewhere else (throat, bum), Taiwan doesn't do swabs for that so you just need to go and get the shots! The first two are free, but each has its own plus and minus factors:

Ximen Hospital: 0968.951.563
台北市昆明街100號 (copy this into google maps if you don't know where it is)
First call the number to make an appointment. You will need to call when you arrive for your appointment, as the entry is not via the main hospital entry. Also note they don't want you going up first as they don't want you there when other people are getting tested-this testing center is completely anonymous. After you call, they will tell you how to get there or come meet you at the main entry. Results take about a week. This is an HIV antibody test, so it will only cover your activities 3 months prior to the day blood is drawn. English service is excellent if you need and they ask that you fill out a questionnaire. 100% confidential-they do not report results to the government, you are given a number and never have to give your name. Note that Ximen hospital has other departments that do HIV/STD testing, but this is the one that is anonymous (use it if you are worried about getting deported).

Tai-Da Hospital: 0968192151 or 02-23123456#67552
Tai-Da Hospital Station on the Red Line
You need to call to make an appointment here as well. English service not as good, but they can get the job done. All the same tests as above and also free, but results for HIV are available same day (if you arrive in the morning) or next day (if you arrive in the afternoon). Tai-Da hospital is huge and this place is tucked away, so you will need patience to find it. I'm not even going to try to explain how to get there-you will have to call them and they will guide you or they might even meet you at the main entrance and walk you back. This is an HIV antibody test, so it will only cover your activities 3 months prior to the day blood is drawn. 100% confidential-they do not report results to the government, you are given a number and never have to give your name.

So basically, if you speak no Chinese and are not in a hurry for your results, go to Ximen. If you want your results fast and don't mind a bit of extra hassle with language and finding the place, go to Tai-Da. Both places are extremely gay friendly and both are great resources for helping you circumvent the law if you need treatment for an STD.

邱內科診所, Qiu Neike Zhensuo (Qiu Internal Medicine Clinic): (02)25415671
台北市中山區南京西路2號3樓 (copy into google maps, near Zhongshan MRT station)
This place is basically a private lab. You have to give a name and phone number, but they don't care if it is a real name or number and they do not report results to the government. This place offers a viral load test. Go in and ask for an RT-PCR HIV test. The test costs 3,000NT and results after 1 week. Note that this is generally not considered a very accurate diagnostic test (this test measures viral load for people who are have tested positive with a test from above), but IF you have had a REAL exposure (ie, had anal or vaginal sex with someone you know is positive), this test will give you an accurate results after 2 weeks, 4 weeks to be safe. They provide no counseling, they ask no questions and have no forms to fill out. Most HIV educators will ask that you still have a follow-up antibody test after 3 months at one of the above clinics for a conclusive test result. Note that these tests have a higher false-positive rate, so please: only do this if you know you have had a risk.
Forumosan avatar
Cooperations
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

24 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby cake » 04 Feb 2012, 15:27

^ Thanks for the information.

I used it for a friend. I went with a female friend to NTU. She wanted a HIV test before she applies for residency.

She made the appointment. It was hard finding the room for the test.
We found it eventually.

Anyway, she felt uncomfortable when she was asked more than a few times why she wanted to have a HIV test (anonymously)?
She filled the form out which asks about your sexual history.
And they phone you with the results the next day.

That is backward. Well Taiwan and HIV (among other diseases) with regards to foreigners is backward, myopic and not helping anyone.

I will stick with my anonymous testing in Bangkok, where you are told in person your result, treated like a human and informed what to do next should you find you are positive.
"War is just a racket. I helped make Mexico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for international banking in 1909-1912. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested" - Major General Smedley Butler
http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm
cake
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

Location: Dubya - who has borrowed more $$$ than the previous 42 presidents combined
26 Recognized(s)

Postby james_w » 21 May 2012, 18:57

I put some information about anonymous STD testing in another thread:
http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=67082&start=80#p1426686

It costs money, but they do testing beyond HIV and syphillis.

I gave them my real name, but they didn't ask to see ID and it says on the website "可匿名" which means you can do it anonymously. I called in for the results.

Hope this helps.
james_w
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby MuyGuy9 » 05 Oct 2012, 05:09

I am glad that I found this as it may come in handy when I move to Taiwan.
MuyGuy9

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Health and Fitness