Gyms in Donghu

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Gyms in Donghu

Postby Noel » 23 Mar 2010, 10:31

Now generally I run outside, especially in that I live in Lotus Hill, which has an abundance of nice trails behind it for running on. However, with the recent air madness (and the levels have become somewhat bad again today), and the possibility that the sandstorm may return, I am trying to find running solutions close to home.

Does anyone know of any gym type facilities around Lotus Hill/ Donghu? I need it primarily for just drop in visits, in that I am already a member at a gym close to my work (but I don't really want to drive almost an hour there and an hour back to use a treadmill - especially on my days off). Within a 10-20 minute scooter ride would be acceptable.
Blessed are you who has given each man a shield of loneliness so that he cannot forget you. You are the truth of loneliness, and only your name addresses it. Strengthen my loneliness that I may be healed in your name, which is beyond all consolations that are uttered on this earth. Only in your name can I stand in the rush of time, only when this loneliness is yours can I lift my sins toward your mercy.

"Blessed are You" - Book of Mercy 1984
Forumosan avatar
Noel
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Gyms in Donghu

Postby Dragonbones » 23 Mar 2010, 10:51

Hi Noel, there is (used to be?) a gym on Kangning, near Minquan, on the west side. No idea whether it is still there. And I've heard there's a World Gym in the Hala movie theater complex.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, & cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients, as well as many of those ingredients themselves, at our shop in Donghu (Neihu). Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

36 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

Re: Gyms in Donghu

Postby elburro » 15 May 2012, 08:17

I'm also looking for a gym in this area. Anybody tried the gym in Donghu on top of that movie theater?
Triple-strength fish oil capsules for healthy hearts, brains and joints. http://www.isbjorn.com.tw
High purity omega-3 imported directly from Norway to Taiwan.
Forumosan avatar
elburro
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

7 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

x

Return to Health and Fitness