Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

What to see and eat in Taidong with the family?

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Re: What to see and eat in Taidong with the family?

Postby Nuit » 30 Jul 2012, 20:19

Super Hans wrote:Hokie Diner: 141 Fu Jian Road 0987 959301
Uncle Pete's Pizza: Section 1, Lin Hai Road, #143. 0952 179165
Indian restaurant: Outside Watson's in Taidong City. Just find Watson's (there's only one) and cross the road. It's there.
Good Thai Restaurant: 732, Xinsheng Road. 089 239489 (No English)
Kasa coffee: 102 Heping St., Taidong City, Taidong 0970 839354

+1 to Pete's Pizza, super nice guy with a great pizza operation going. Very good crust IMO. Pretty busy when we were there. Open Wed-Sun for dinner (lunch is weekends only).
Could do with a couple more beers on the menu and also change those curtains upstairs (!).

Also went to the National Museum of Prehistory, a fair way out of town but good value at $80.
Disappointing maze outside though, why can't they do things properly? A maze ain't a maze unless you can get befuddled and lost. My 5 year old was in and through in 40 seconds.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

73 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

Re: What to see and eat in Taidong with the family?

Postby Nuit » 09 Aug 2012, 20:12

Back through Taidong AGAIN this week.
The Indian restaurant near Watson's closed earlier this year (or at least moved from that location) :cry:

We somehow ended up at Formaggio 新生路700-2號, pizza and pasta - I had a pretty decent risotto, and the pizza seemed reasonable, although not quite as good as at Pete's.
More of a menu for carnivores than vegetarians though.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit

73 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Travel in Taiwan