Are there any uncharted areas in Taiwan?

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Re: Are there any uncharted areaas in Taiwan?

Postby StefanMuc » 09 May 2012, 23:02

Nuit wrote:unexplored that is, not with headhunters in it.

Don't headhunters and explorers go ... eh ... head in hand?
StefanMuc
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

2 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby chung » 10 May 2012, 16:30

Since tree climbing has never been popular here, most of the upper canopy could be regarded as uncharted. With a portaledge and a bit of climbing kit, you could be the first to explore Taiwan's last frontier.
chung
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

2 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 10 May 2012, 16:55

I'm sure the bears have been up there before. Taiwan's last frontier...is that the last 7-11 before Kending?
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1306 Recommends(s)
504 Recognized(s)

Re: Are there any uncharted areas in Taiwan?

Postby Pingdong » 13 May 2012, 02:37

touche on the trees, as a matter of fact I have been up some lately to get some lizard pictures. I never could really pin point why exactly we stopped climbing trees as we grow out of childhood, something to get back into.

on a side note, I went into fairly deep mountains following a valley as far east as i could, getting back I was near the Taidong/pingdong border in the northern bit, pretty far in but i still found a hunting camp way back in there and also foot prints. lots of dear/monkey/pigs in the area so i guess its like a hunters highway.
Pingdong
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

ORIGINAL POSTER
20 Recommends(s)
51 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Travel in Taiwan