Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Guishan Township, Taoyuan - looking for some information

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Re: Guishan Township, Taoyuan - looking for some information

Postby pilam99 » 05 May 2012, 14:34

I work there in the technology park. I think the 1210 bus goes from Fuxing 1st into Taipei, I get off somewhere near Yuanshan MRT. Sometimes I take the bus in if I have car issues. What about buying a scooter and selling it when you leave? By car, it only takes me 25 min from Shilin to HwaYa if I go outside of rush hour, even rush hour is doable <35min. Not sure how much a cab would cost, I usually take it to TPE for 600NT.
Forumosan avatar
pilam99
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 05 May 2012, 16:13

Guieshan is also the only place where I have eaten where cockroaches openly run about on the walls. When I pointed them out people laughed at me, like I was trying to get involved in some sort of civilisation.

They are delicious ... deep fried. :D
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
75 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 05 May 2012, 18:05

superking wrote:
TheGingerMan wrote:
superking wrote:I lived near the hospital. I went close to killing myself.

ENJOY.

You wank! Another untold story, we could have hooked up, as I was just down Tom's Hill in those daze. :doh:

NO WAY! I was living down some red clay filled shit hole of a road. (Aren't you all? :D ) One thing I remember about that place was learning how to say, "I don't want chopped tomato," so I could say it in KFC. Bu yau fan jie. Or something similar. And then I said it in KFC, and it was like I DROPPED A BOMB. The cashier said it, like FOUR times, then some other guy heard it, and it went round the room like a wild fire. "CRACKER DONT WANT CHOPPED TOMATO." I am pretty sure the Apple Daily were getting the quote from the guy, "Yuh, and THEN he said he didn't want no chopped tomato." So I was super happy and felt like, "Fuck if you learn the language, you can get shit done." And then I opened my chicken wrap. The ONLY thing inside it was chopped tomato. I didn't know how to say, "Oi cockface, which part of BU YAO did you stumble over?" So I just chucked it in the bin and gave up.

Guieshan is also the only place where I have eaten where cockroaches openly run about on the walls. When I pointed them out people laughed at me, like I was trying to get involved in some sort of civilisation.

:notworthy:
Classic!
I guess you just don't understand Gueishan kultur!
:D
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
226 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Travel in Taiwan