How to sweep her off her feet :)

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

How to sweep her off her feet :)

Postby Mr. Smith » 31 May 2012, 14:02

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I want to take my girlfriend out on a date to a place she has never been before. Since she is Taiwanese she always comes up with nice ideas for places to go and things to do. I would like to return the favor and surprise her for a change, so I am looking for nice/cool/romantic/fun places in Taiwan that are not too obvious. Places that might be unknown to a born and raised Taiwanese girl. Something for a day trip would be best! Anything that comes to mind would be appreciated! Thanks!
Mr. Smith
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: How to sweep her off her feet :)

Postby Mucha Man » 31 May 2012, 22:28

Tai'an Hot Springs in Miaoli. Drive to the end of County Rd 62, and walk upstream along the riverside (there's a path). Also a couple swimming holes if you are that kind of people. Bring a picnic lunch and have a romantic lunch.

Then return and book a private hot spring room in Cedarwood, which have lovely 3m high glass windows that overlook the mountains.

Another excellent grassy picnic spot is along the Caoling old trail in Yilan. You can actually drive almost up to the middle point (the Taoyuan Valley, which is a stunning terraced landscape overlooking the Pacific) and walk the last 5 minutes to the bluffs.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

704 Recognized(s)

Postby finley » 31 May 2012, 22:50

Tai'an Hot Springs in Miaoli. Drive to the end of County Rd 62 ...

+1 to that. It's in the middle of bloody nowhere so you have to drive, but it's well worth it.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

752 Recommends(s)
586 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 31 May 2012, 23:04

Ice skating at either Taipei Arena or Polar Bear in Ximending??? Pardon the pun, but sweeping her off her feet will be very easy on ice.
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

53 Recommends(s)
50 Recognized(s)

Postby Mr. Smith » 03 Jun 2012, 01:13

Wow guys, this is great! Especially Muzha Man's advice sounds like a winner! Ice skating is also a nice day trip. Thanks a lot!

More advice from other readers is welcome!
Mr. Smith

ORIGINAL POSTER

x

Return to Travel in Taiwan