Airport taxi/shuttle? (Taichung -> Taipei)

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Airport taxi/shuttle? (Taichung -> Taipei)

Postby trubadour » 08 Jun 2012, 16:37

I heard there is an airport taxi that picks people up and takes them to the airport at Tauyuan early in the morning (for those early flights). Anyone know about this?
trubadour
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
114 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Re: Airport taxi/shuttle? (Taichung -> Taipei)

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 10 Jun 2012, 00:04

trubadour wrote:I heard there is an airport taxi that picks people up and takes them to the airport at Tauyuan early in the morning (for those early flights). Anyone know about this?

An internet search is turning up only the really expensive ones, so take a trip to your local travel agents and ask. The travel agencies usually have these guy's name cards and what not.
tsukinodeynatsu
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

57 Recommends(s)
66 Recognized(s)

Postby trubadour » 10 Jun 2012, 10:05

good idea..thanks
trubadour

ORIGINAL POSTER
114 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby gqman » 21 Aug 2012, 18:06

Recently I took a late flight back from Manila (arriving around 1am). I have read some posts saying their may still be buses outside the terminal back to Taipei. Well in my case there were none to be seen. Outside terminal 1, I was approached by a taxi driver. Wasn't your typical taxi as this was a nondescript black Mercedes. Anyway, to make a long story short for 1000NT I got a ride from the airport to my home in Muzha (Taipei City). My experience has been that taxi's take you to a designated point in Taipei City then once there turn on the meter to your final destination. I found this to be a more economical way to get to your destination when options are limited. The drivers name is Vincent Yu. He does airport/touring delivery I imagine he'll go just about anywhere. I think it is a better option than your normal taxi service. His # 0938-835-588 Mail: vin520829@yahoo.com.tw He speaks English quite well. Was a good driver and I would recommend him. Drives a large/older Mercedes. Had water in the back if I wanted and was a nice alternative to getting home
gqman
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

x

Return to Travel in Taiwan