Cheap Hotels in Taipei

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Cheap Hotels in Taipei

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 17 Jul 2012, 16:41

It's been asked before but...

What are some nice, cheap options for Taipei? Cheap as in under $1000/night, nice as in clean.

Me and the hubby will be up there for a few days either tomorrow or the day after, and need to find a place to crash.
tsukinodeynatsu
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Re: Cheap Hotels in Taipei

Postby finley » 17 Jul 2012, 17:03

Seems a bit unlikely. Do you consider motels "nice"? Apart from the strange-looking fixtures and the, um, extensive cable-TV selection, they're often pretty good value for money. Not gonna happen for $1000, though. There's a decent one near me in Danshui offering rates of about $1500:

http://www.amainmotel.com/

EDIT: sorry, I just checked the website and it seems that rate is for 休息, not per night. That wasn't mentioned on the signboard outside.

Failing that ... thought about couchsurfing?
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

753 Recommends(s)
588 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 17 Jul 2012, 17:12

Hostels and love hotels are about your only choices.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

82 Recommends(s)
174 Recognized(s)

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 17 Jul 2012, 17:21

Chris wrote:Hostels and love hotels are about your only choices.

I'm fine with both of those. Can you stay in Hostels now though? Last I checked they had some new rule where you could only stay for a week minimum.
tsukinodeynatsu

ORIGINAL POSTER
57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 17 Jul 2012, 17:32

Go to hostels.com. There are at least a dozen hostel and guesthouse options. And di a search on budget hotels online as well as you can often find deals.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

710 Recognized(s)

Postby 4taipeifun » 30 Aug 2012, 23:37

You also have an option of staying at a luxury condominium in downtown Taipei for a good price, aparthotels are available in some of the best districts. I have stayed at some of those discount hotels that advertise for nt$1000 or so- and they are always old, dirty, and out of the way.

Check out http://www.taipei-4-fun.com. They have one in Datong, and another in Zhongshan. These are really nice condos, and you can stay there for just nt$2000 and up. I stayed at Voguestar for a few days- This place was really nice, I would describe it as comparable to any luxury hotel in the city, and you're getting a good place at a good price.

Travel safe, my friends. :)
http://www.taipei-4-fun.com
4taipeifun
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 07 Sep 2012, 00:41

I should probably report in on our stay!

We stayed in this place http://www.highness.com.tw/regal/aboutus.php which was around $2300, I believe, and was absolutely fantastic. Best hotel we stayed in all trip!

If you qualify for a youth travel in Taiwan card (or if you steal one) you can book into the Taipei Hero House for $1500 for a three-bed room (no smaller rooms) on weeknights (I'm assuming that's Sunday to Thursday). Which is a pretty damn good deal for a decent quality stay (clean and comfortable, if slightly minimal).
tsukinodeynatsu

ORIGINAL POSTER
57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Return to Travel in Taiwan