Divers- best diving in Taiwan!

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Divers- best diving in Taiwan!

Postby saffron » 15 Dec 2003, 15:46

For people who dive, you all have to check out Green Island. It has beautiful soft coral and visibility is 30-50m! The fish are amazing and when you go there, ask where the mushroom head coral is- it's the only one in the world. Subs actually took tourists down there to see it but cancelled this due to a sub actually hitting a piece off the coral!!!! I've seen sea snakes, moray eels, nurse sharks.......Green Island Rocks!
Forumosan avatar
saffron
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Steeevieboy » 15 Dec 2003, 17:18

Sounds exciting! How would snorkelling there be?
Steeevieboy
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Postby sandman » 15 Dec 2003, 17:54

this is just one of many threads on Green Island, diving and snorkelling. Click on the search button at the top of the page, key in green and island in the search box and you'll get all kinds of information.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Richardm » 15 Dec 2003, 19:07

I like driving in the mountains between 2 and 4 o'clock on weekdays. You just have to pick a time when there's not much traffic.
Richardm
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby OldToeSave » 15 Dec 2003, 20:59

sandman wrote:this is just one of many threads on Green Island, diving and snorkelling. Click on the search button at the top of the page, key in green and island in the search box and you'll get all kinds of information.

So merge them almighty mod.

And send me guanxi....I wanna 101 for X-mas.

And, uh, RichardM?....WTF? How :offtopic: can you be. Or are you working for Non-Sequiter magazine now and testing out your material?

edited almost immediately.....

Wow..that little smiley sure looks nasty...I better add this one :moo: to set a more accurate tone.
OldToeSave
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby saffron » 16 Dec 2003, 09:17

stevieboy wrote:Sounds exciting! How would snorkelling there be?

Lots of snorkelling sites there and they take snorkelling groups out and rent u equipment. It is worth going.....it takes about 45 mins. to scoot around the island too.
Forumosan avatar
saffron
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Travel in Taiwan