Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Campsites in Taiwan

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Re: Campsites in Taiwan

Postby igorveni » 11 May 2011, 09:07

Could you give an address or phone number for both these places please?
igorveni
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 11 May 2011, 14:14

Sorry, don't have a number for Heilongtan and Cloud 9 must have a different contact number now as asiababy has found. Both are easy to find however off County Road 42 in Pinglin. Cloud 9 is first, and well marked, and Heilongtan is another 20 minutes down the road, and also well marked. You'll see signs for it the whole way.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

782 Recognized(s)

Postby derjinn » 02 Oct 2012, 23:41

Camping in Taiwan Map of Campsites .....
http://derjinn.com/dj/camping.php
derjinn
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby taninecz » 16 Jul 2013, 23:17

Anyone have any advice for getting out to Jiaming Lake and/or Xiangyangshan peak? I am looking to do some camping and climbing, but the sheer amount of red tape around YuShan makes me think it probably won't happen there. I am an experience camper/hiker/etc. and would rather avoid a parking lot with trees and karaoke. Any logistical advice is much appreciated.
taninecz

Postby Nuit » 16 Jul 2013, 23:37

taninecz wrote:Anyone have any advice for getting out to Jiaming Lake and/or Xiangyangshan peak? I am looking to do some camping and climbing, but the sheer amount of red tape around YuShan makes me think it probably won't happen there. I am an experience camper/hiker/etc. and would rather avoid a parking lot with trees and karaoke. Any logistical advice is much appreciated.

Drive direct to the camping site in Xiangyang National Forest, reached by taking highway 20 from Chishang in Taidong County. Shower & toilet blocks, basic facilities. Police station for permits is next door. It's a hikers campsite, rather than families, but karaoke cannot be completely ruled out :D.
(There's no access to that campsite from the west coast, the #20 is badly damaged).

From there you can hike to Jiaming Lake etc. Accom on route (if needed) is in Xiangyang Cabin, Jiaming Lake Shelter, both of which can be pre-booked.

I've got some pics that might help logistically, PM me.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

74 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby gavmasterflash » 06 Sep 2013, 11:26

Is it possible to camp anywhere around Manyueyuan? I'm sure it's probably not a good idea to camp in the park itself, but is there anywhere close by where you can camp without anyone really caring?
gavmasterflash
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

7 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 06 Sep 2013, 11:46

gavmasterflash wrote:Is it possible to camp anywhere around Manyueyuan? I'm sure it's probably not a good idea to camp in the park itself, but is there anywhere close by where you can camp without anyone really caring?

You can camp within the park. There is an excellent wild campground right at the base of Beichatianshan which is popular and a couple clearings not far into the park which people also use.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

782 Recognized(s)

Postby Vegannabis » 08 Sep 2013, 22:55

Does anyone know if the campground at JICI BEACH south of Hualian is still in operation?
Going on a surf trip down the east coast and looking for places to camp.

Xie-Xiers!
"All the freaky people make the beauty of the world." -Michael Franti
Vegannabis
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby Nuit » 09 Sep 2013, 00:09

Jici opens for the summer and closes for the winter. The cut-off date is sometime in Oct I think, but best to call & check.
Simple A-frames, with bathroom block.

磯崎海水浴場
Try 03-8711251
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit

74 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby Vegannabis » 09 Sep 2013, 20:44

Thanks Nuit. We drove by Jici Beach in a huge tour bus in June, but were unable to stop and ask around. It looked like a fun place to camp with a mellow long boarding spot to surf. I'll check out that number tomorrow.
"All the freaky people make the beauty of the world." -Michael Franti
Vegannabis
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Travel in Taiwan