Bamboo Bridge B&B- countryside living just north of Tainan

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Bamboo Bridge B&B- countryside living just north of Tainan

Postby chikuguy » 18 Nov 2006, 10:23

We’re a small, stylish B&B situated only 25 minutes from Tainan City, and easily accessible from the number 17, number 19 and freeway 1. Situated in a small Taiwanese village, we offer a tranquil and cozy setting for our guests to relax in. Bamboo Bridge (竹敲村) is also an ideal location to explore the scenic sights north of Tainan, including the Blackfaced Spoonbills scenic area, Salt mountain, the scenic beach and boat trips to oyster beds are also available. We’re also near the (obviously?) misnamed “secret beach” which is a popular water playground for kitesurfers and windsurfers.

For the month of November we have an en-suite room with a double bed available. The room features:
A double bed
Views of the scenic garden
Large en-suite bathroom
Wi-fi access
Television with all the cable channels
A comfortable sofa

In addition guests are welcome to utilize the downstairs facilities, which include a comfortable lounge and dining area. Outside there is pot-plant filled patio with chairs and sun umbrellas, affording views of the garden and the beautiful sunsets, which are common out here. The November room rate is 2000NTD$, breakfast (sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, salad. orange juice and coffee) and sundowner cocktails for 2 persons included.
The room comfortably sleeps 2 people, but the sofa can be converted to a bed. If you have children, this might appeal to you, and then the room can sleep up to 4. Should you choose this option, the room rate will remain the same, but the additional 1 or 2 persons will have to pay a surcharge of 100-200NTD$ for breakfast, depending on their age.
*Also have a baby cot available, should you have an infant.

For visitors who happen to be in the area in the afternoon, we’re offering tea, coffee and scones, which can be eaten in our stylish dining area, or outside under the sun umbrellas. Beers and cocktails will also be available.

Lastly, evening meals can also be catered for. Some guests from further north or south, who wish to explore Tainan City, find it convenient to have their evening meal in Tainan, but for guests wishing to relax from Tainan itself, and thus not wanting to possibly travel back into Tainan, we will offer an evening meal. It will be a fixed menu for that certain day, so if you’re interested to choose this option, please call or email me for details.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Carl Bredenkamp
0929927811 or 06-7895860
Am working on a website. Some photos are available to view here http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tainan ... rowse/dc70 or else email me for further details and photos
carlbredenkamp@hotmail.com
chikuguy
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby sandman » 18 Nov 2006, 13:37

Hellish lot of clickthroughs and membership nonsense to wade through to get to any pics, but it looks nice -- very cosy and homely.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 18 Nov 2006, 18:10

Really? I can't be bothered to sign in.

chikuguy, how about posting on Flickr so they are accessible to all?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

710 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 18 Nov 2006, 19:23

I can't believe I am the 1st to catch this...
"Outside there is pot-plant filled patio ..."

Otherwise...I will consult the Tai-tai about a visit here.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 18 Nov 2006, 19:38

TainanCowboy wrote:I can't believe I am the 1st to catch this...
"Outside there is pot-plant filled patio ..."

Otherwise...I will consult the Tai-tai about a visit here.

It's a special herb used in Chinese medicine - goes particularly well in chocolate brownies. :D
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

184 Recommends(s)
184 Recognized(s)

Re: Bamboo Bridge B&B- countryside living just north of Tainan

Postby fanglangzhe » 24 May 2012, 22:06

Anyone stay at this place recently? I wonder if its still in business.
fanglangzhe
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recognized(s)

Re: Bamboo Bridge B&B- countryside living just north of Tainan

Postby StevenCrook » 06 Jun 2012, 12:11

It closed down more than three years ago.
My books, available from Amazon.com or directly from me:
TAIWAN: THE BRADT TRAVEL GUIDE (2nd ed coming soon!)
DOS AND DON'TS IN TAIWAN
KEEPING UP WITH THE WAR GOD (1st ed)

Available via Amazon.com:
KEEPING UP WITH THE WAR GOD (2nd ed, Kindle only)
DOS AND DON'TS IN TAIWAN (Kindle edition)
TAIWAN FOR CULTURE VULTURES
StevenCrook
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

5 Recognized(s)

Return to Travel in Taiwan