Hot Springs in Beitou

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Hot Springs in Beitou

Postby WorkingVaca » 31 Jan 2003, 21:15

Can I enjoy any of the Beitou area hotel spa/sauna facilities without booking a room? Any recommendations? Also, will the hot spring museum and public pool be open next week?
Forumosan avatar
WorkingVaca
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Hot Springs in Beitou (Beitou)

Postby jenpenguin » 01 Feb 2003, 22:57

I am sure you could enjoy it without booking a room. Check this website to get info. of Beitou and it's hot springs
http://www.planning.taipei.gov.tw/hotspring/index.html
jenpenguin
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Thank you, and....

Postby WorkingVaca » 15 Feb 2003, 00:42

Thanks for that website. That was exactly what I was looking for. And here's an update for anybody else that's interested in hot springs fun:

You can take MRT to Hsin Beitou and splash around in your bathing suit at the Peitu Hot Springs museum public pool for about 40NT, or spend pricey time at the more private and luxurious facilities in one of the nearby hotels (250-1000NT depends).

OR, you can take the MRT to Shipai station and ride the 508 or 536 bus up Hsingi Road to a cluster of nice, but reasonably-priced restaurants with attached, no-frills bathhouses. You can have a private sulfur bath for about 100NT. With a 250-500 NT lunch, it's free. At the top of the hill you can visit the LuengfungGu visitor center and learn about the ancient volcanos that formed the hot springs. There are wonderful views of steamy pools in the ashen valleys below too. Some of the restaraunts have outdoor eating areas with nice views of the lush hills--and the fresh air! Ahhhh.....

I hope somebody else finds this useful. Have fun!
Forumosan avatar
WorkingVaca

ORIGINAL POSTER

x

Return to Travel in Taiwan