Cheap Drinks and Great Food at the Next Forumosan Happy Hour at Mr. Sausage’s Kitchen (10/15)!!!

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Re: Cheap Drinks and Great Food at the Next Forumosan Happy Hour at Mr. Sausage’s Kitchen (10/15)!!!

Postby Garl1c » 11 Oct 2011, 06:57

Think I'll try to get to this.
Garl1c
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)

Re: Cheap Drinks and Great Food at the Next Forumosan Happy Hour at Mr. Sausage’s Kitchen (10/15)!!!

Postby Icon » 11 Oct 2011, 17:19

ThreadKiller wrote:
shirley s wrote:Do we just show up? Never been to any of these events. Do we need to make a booking?

Just show up. There'll be a mix of Forumosans and their friends. Everybody's welcome. :D

I am bringing my Taiwanese best friend. She's pretty, smart, has a great sense of humor, loves dancing and traveling and she is currently single. Please available Forumosans don't be shy. :D Just kidding. There are some great guys here on the forums -most taken, unfortunately- but as said before, a Happy Hour is a great chance to meet nice people, mingle.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

595 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Postby maoman » 12 Oct 2011, 01:53

ThreadKiller wrote:Just show up. There'll be a mix of Forumosans and their friends. Everybody's welcome.

Even me? :)

I'll do my best to show up for at least a little while. My folks are in town, but I can probably steal away for an hour or so. This will be the first Forumosa Happy Hour where I don't have to pay the bar tab, so that's kind of cool, although I should have stayed on as a moderator of the volunteer forum or something so that I'd be eligible for the free drinks. :doh:
Forumosan avatar
maoman

76 Recommends(s)
43 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 12 Oct 2011, 03:18

maoman wrote:
ThreadKiller wrote:Just show up. There'll be a mix of Forumosans and their friends. Everybody's welcome.

Even me? :)

I'll do my best to show up for at least a little while. My folks are in town, but I can probably steal away for an hour or so. This will be the first Forumosa Happy Hour where I don't have to pay the bar tab, so that's kind of cool, although I should have stayed on as a moderator of the volunteer forum or something so that I'd be eligible for the free drinks. :doh:

Don't worry, pay for your drinks and put it on my tab at the Taiwaneasia HH.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

354 Recommends(s)
115 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 12 Oct 2011, 16:08

Or you can have my drinks, Maoman. It looks like I might not make it up.
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby ThreadKiller » 12 Oct 2011, 20:59

I know I'm supposed to just be happy with the awesome company that will be there, but I find my thoughts straying to the menu. While the sausages do it for me, and I'm quite a fan of the salsa salad and mash, I might have to take a turn with the lasagne. I'm assuming that's the vegetarian one on the right.

3 nights to go! Image
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby BigJohn » 13 Oct 2011, 00:59

I'd like to encourage any long time lurkers who have never been to one of these events to drop by. It's rare to have a cool social forum like this where you can actually meet the members - most of which are quite interesting in real life, surprisingly enough - face to face in a relaxed setting.

So bring anyone you please, and come on by for a few drinks and laughs. All are welcome!
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

104 Recognized(s)

Postby Artemis » 13 Oct 2011, 01:11

So what time will the place shut? I'm going to try to make it but my be rather late.
Artemis
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby BigJohn » 13 Oct 2011, 01:19

Artemis wrote:So what time will the place shut? I'm going to try to make it but my be rather late.

Most likely the place will shut down somewhere around 12ish, but with a "2nd round" in mind for anyone in the mood.
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn

104 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 14 Oct 2011, 16:22

I would come if they had some Belgian special beers ... no, not Stella or Hoegaarden ... I mean like good beer ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
62 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

Return to Taipei / Xinbei Events