’New to You’ Second Hand Charity Sale for Women (Taipei)
(Check us out on Facebook
. Just search with the above event name! Map is on the Facebook Event Page!)
Have you got an abundance of clothes to get rid of? Are you looking to buy some great quality women's items at really great prices? Then this is an event for you! On Sunday, November 20th, 2011 from 13:00~17:00
we will be having the 'New to You' Second Hand Charity Sale for Women to raise money for the Xinyi Orphanage in Yunlin County, Taiwan
Ways you can help:
1) We would love your donations of clean, quality second hand items or unwanted new items such as jewelry, clothes, hats, bags, shoes, accessories, magazines and books
(English and Chinese). Please contact Lorena (in English) at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Roz at email@example.com
in Chinese to inquire about how to donate. We already have amazing donations coming in with a lot of NEW items as well! PLEASE DONATE YOUR ITEMS BEFORE NOVEMBER 6
, SO WE HAVE TIME TO COLLECT THEM AND GET OUR SALE ORGANIZED FOR YOU!! WE ARE ONLY A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE WHO ALSO HAVE FULL TIME JOBS AND ARE DOING THIS IN OUR SPARE TIME!!
2) Please come shopping on this day for great deals on these items with all proceeds going directly to help the Xinyi Orphanage in Yunlin County
. The sale is centrally located at a graciously donated space: Rocky Mountain English Consultancy located at: No 2，Lane 256, Ruian St., Taipei near the corner of Hoping E Rd and Jien Guo S Rd. Do you know The Diner on Ruian St near Da'an Park? It is right around the corner from there.
3)Donate any clean used children's clothes (from newborns to age 18), hard toys (no stuffed animals), school supplies, new soap, shampoo and conditioner, sanitary supplies for the teenage girls, toothbrushes and toothpaste, diapers, etc and Chinese children's books which will be donated directly to the orphanage.
4) Share this event with your friends and ask them to do numbers 1, 2, 3 as well!
5) Volunteer to help us out!! We are fun!! We need the help and it is for a great cause!
6) We need to borrow some clothing racks and full length mirrors. Do you have any we can borrow?
7) Can you help put up some posters at your job, church, school, favorite restaurant or other bulletin boards that you know about around the city? Please send a PM if you can
Thanks a lot for your support. The response so far has been amazing with tons of great quality used items coming in. We are VERY excited about this Second Hand Charity Sale to help the children of this orphanage.
75% of the money that is donated or raised from the sale of items, will be used to purchase necessary things that the orphanage manager specifies is desperately needed. The remaining 25% of the funds will be donated to the orphanage to put towards their operating costs.
The following businesses Taipei have been very kind to offer their space as a drop off location for the above listed items that you want to donate.
PLEASE LABEL YOUR BAG/BOX WITH THE WORDS 'NEW TO YOU'
SO THAT WE ARE SURE TO GET YOUR DONATIONS!
Drop off locations:
No. 8號, Alley 10, Lane 223, Section 4, Zhōngxiào East Road, Da'an District --(Zhongxiao Dunhua MRT Station, Exit 2)
Carleen's English Language School, lNo.128, XinYun Street, Neihu, Taipei
Neihu MRT Station
Dra’s Hair Lab:
2F, #175, Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 5
Taipei, Taiwan, 110 --(Taipei City Hall MRT Station, Exit 4)
09-3198-9383***** Please call in advance to make sure someone is there to receive your donated items.
The Green Hornet Cafe:
No 108, Xindian Rd, Xindian-- (Xindian MRT Stn)
**OPEN 17:30 pm to 1:00 am
#31, Wenhua Rd., Yonghe, New Taipei-- (Dinxi MRT Station, Exit 2)
***OPEN:Monday -Thursday, 17:00pm-1:00am
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 12:00pm-1:00am
Just a little information about the kids in the Xinyi Orphanage. There are a total of 48 children there:
Infant/Toddler age: 2 boys, 1 girl
Kindergarten age: 2 boys, 2 girls
Elementary School age: 13 boys, 8 girls
Junior High School age: 8 boys, 2 girls
Senior High School age: 6 boys, 4 girls
** I am surprised that there are so many older children there. We hope to get clothing donations for children of these ages. Please also see the list of needed items above! Thanks!!