Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Nov 20, 'New To You' Second Hand Charity Sale For Women

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Nov 20, 'New To You' Second Hand Charity Sale For Women

Postby Taisan » 23 Oct 2011, 00:04

’New to You’ Second Hand Charity Sale for Women (Taipei)
(Check us out on Facebook. Just search with the above event name! Map is on the Facebook Event Page!)

Have you got an abundance of clothes to get rid of? Are you looking to buy some great quality women's items at really great prices? Then this is an event for you!

On Sunday, November 20th, 2011 from 13:00~17:00 we will be having the 'New to You' Second Hand Charity Sale for Women to raise money for the Xinyi Orphanage in Yunlin County, Taiwan

Ways you can help:
1) We would love your donations of clean, quality second hand items or unwanted new items such as jewelry, clothes, hats, bags, shoes, accessories, magazines and books (English and Chinese). Please contact Lorena (in English) at lorenap2234@hotmail.com or Roz at drashairlab@hotmail.com in Chinese to inquire about how to donate. We already have amazing donations coming in with a lot of NEW items as well!
PLEASE DONATE YOUR ITEMS BEFORE NOVEMBER 6, SO WE HAVE TIME TO COLLECT THEM AND GET OUR SALE ORGANIZED FOR YOU!! WE ARE ONLY A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE WHO ALSO HAVE FULL TIME JOBS AND ARE DOING THIS IN OUR SPARE TIME!!

2) Please come shopping on this day for great deals on these items with all proceeds going directly to help the Xinyi Orphanage in Yunlin County. The sale is centrally located at a graciously donated space: Rocky Mountain English Consultancy located at: No 2,Lane 256, Ruian St., Taipei near the corner of Hoping E Rd and Jien Guo S Rd. Do you know The Diner on Ruian St near Da'an Park? It is right around the corner from there.

3)Donate any clean used children's clothes (from newborns to age 18), hard toys (no stuffed animals), school supplies, new soap, shampoo and conditioner, sanitary supplies for the teenage girls, toothbrushes and toothpaste, diapers, etc and Chinese children's books which will be donated directly to the orphanage.

4) Share this event with your friends and ask them to do numbers 1, 2, 3 as well!

5) Volunteer to help us out!! We are fun!! We need the help and it is for a great cause!

6) We need to borrow some clothing racks and full length mirrors. Do you have any we can borrow?

7) Can you help put up some posters at your job, church, school, favorite restaurant or other bulletin boards that you know about around the city? Please send a PM if you can

Thanks a lot for your support. The response so far has been amazing with tons of great quality used items coming in. We are VERY excited about this Second Hand Charity Sale to help the children of this orphanage.

75% of the money that is donated or raised from the sale of items, will be used to purchase necessary things that the orphanage manager specifies is desperately needed. The remaining 25% of the funds will be donated to the orphanage to put towards their operating costs.

The following businesses Taipei have been very kind to offer their space as a drop off location for the above listed items that you want to donate.
PLEASE LABEL YOUR BAG/BOX WITH THE WORDS 'NEW TO YOU' SO THAT WE ARE SURE TO GET YOUR DONATIONS!
Drop off locations:
以下為收集捐贈物品的地方:

Forkers:
No. 8號, Alley 10, Lane 223, Section 4, Zhōngxiào East Road, Da'an District --(Zhongxiao Dunhua MRT Station, Exit 2)
台北市大安區忠孝東路4段223巷10弄8號

Carleen's English Language School, lNo.128, XinYun Street, Neihu, Taipei
台北市內湖區星雲街128號
Neihu MRT Station

Dra’s Hair Lab:
2F, #175, Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 5
Taipei, Taiwan, 110 --(Taipei City Hall MRT Station, Exit 4)
台北市信義區忠孝東路5段175號2樓
09-3198-9383***** Please call in advance to make sure someone is there to receive your donated items.

The Green Hornet Cafe:
No 108, Xindian Rd, Xindian-- (Xindian MRT Stn)
新北市新店區新店路108號
**OPEN 17:30 pm to 1:00 am

Frankie's Pies:
#31, Wenhua Rd., Yonghe, New Taipei-- (Dinxi MRT Station, Exit 2)
新北市永和區文化路31號
***OPEN:Monday -Thursday, 17:00pm-1:00am
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 12:00pm-1:00am

Just a little information about the kids in the Xinyi Orphanage. There are a total of 48 children there:
Infant/Toddler age: 2 boys, 1 girl
Kindergarten age: 2 boys, 2 girls
Elementary School age: 13 boys, 8 girls
Junior High School age: 8 boys, 2 girls
Senior High School age: 6 boys, 4 girls
** I am surprised that there are so many older children there. We hope to get clothing donations for children of these ages. Please also see the list of needed items above! Thanks!!
Taisan
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recognized(s)

Re: Nov 20, 'New To You' Second Hand Charity Sale For Women

Postby Taisan » 03 Nov 2011, 23:28

It is so nice to see so many 'views' of this event.

There is a huge amount of amazing donations of women's clothes, bags, shoes, purses, accessories, purses, books and misc items coming in all the time. Thank you so much to those who have generously donated. Please search for 'New To You' Second Hand Charity Sale for Women on facebook for contact information and a map on how to get to the sale. We would also appreciate you posting it on your wall and inviting people to attend. We have so much stuff to sell and we really need the customers who are looking for great deals and want to help this charity.

In addition to the second hand items for sale, there will also be a lucky draw of a L'Occitane gift basket of new bath and body products.

Also, there is a group of 7 girls aged 9-12 who are volunteering at the event as greeters, change room attendants and also selling their handmade Christmas Cards and Iced Lemon Tea. The are very excited to be helping out with this fundraising project for the children at the orphanage and we are excited to have them. Kids helping kids....... what is better than that???

Thank you so much to Joe at Zhongxiao Forkers for generously donating the cups, lids and straws for the girls' Iced Tea sales.

75% of the proceeds made from this event will be used to purchase the items required by the 48 children at the orphanage. We expect they will request itmes such as soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, underwear, sanitary supplies, school supplies and non-perishable food items. The other 25% will go directly to operational costs at the orphanage. We will then buy the necessary items and load up the car for a road trip to deliver everything. We have also received a lot of 2nd hand clothing, books and school supplies which will also be taken directly there. I hope that we have way too many things for the car!! We would have to rent a blue truck!! (We'll pass on the betelnut, thanks!)

My dream right now is to have a wrapped gift for each child with their name on it. I don't think they have ever received something new and specifically for them.

If you can provide us with a way to purchase these items for a lower cost, we would really appreciate it as the money could stretch so much further. We are just a few foreign women who are trying to help out in the way we know how in our spare time. We all have full time jobs and have been consumed by the work involved in this, so your help is graciously appreciated. The positive energy that has come from this is contagious, so please do what you can to help us out!

Thank you again for your interest in this event. If this goes as well as we hope, we could make it an annual event.
Thank you!
Taisan
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recognized(s)

Postby Taisan » 10 Nov 2011, 00:30

WOW!!!!
I honestly can not believe the amount of donations that have poured in for the 'New To You' Second Hand Charity Sale for Women!!

The storage room is full to the ceiling with beautiful, quality, new and used items! The donations are now closed as we have enough items.

We have Chinese and English books, clothes, purses (name brands), shoes, scarves, jewelry, hats and some household goods as well. This includes many new items as well!

What I need now, are customers, lots of them! Please mark this on your calendar!!

Rocky Mountain English Consultancy is located at: No 2,Lane 256, Ruian St., Taipei near the corner of Hoping E Rd and Jien Guo S Rd. Do you know The Diner on Ruian St near Da'an Park? It is right around the corner from there.
For a map, please look at the facebook information:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?e ... 3410468758

The orphanage is in need of many items and we will accept donations of these items on the day of the sale:
Toiletries: toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, sanitary napkins,
Children's diapers: various sizes
Linen: sheets, towels, blankets
Clothes: Please only unstained items
Underwear and Undershirts: boys and girls in various sizes
School supplies: new: pencils, erasers, rulers, notebooks, colored pencils
second hand: pencil cases, backpacks
Food: Non-perishable items that have at least 6 months left on their expiry dates.

I would like to thank Debbie Huang from 'the Bag Age'
https://www.facebook.com/pages/the-Bag- ... 9700508720
for donating the paper shopping bags we will be using at the sale. She has a great purse shop on Yongkang Street, Lane 14 and has been very generous and supportive.

Another huge thank you to all the volunteers who have stepped forward with their time. There is a great team set up for all the pricing, organizing, and arranging of items as well as on the day of the event. This is so helpful.

In case of a large amount of customers on that day, I will have to limit the amount of people inside due to safety reasons. Please be patient and understanding. We are trying out best.

There will also be a small section for men's wear as well.

Thank you so much.
Taisan
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recognized(s)

Postby Linda H. » 12 Nov 2011, 14:00

Sounds fabulous! Can't make it though. Do update us on the results.
~~ Make life more 精彩妳的生活 .:. HerShe Adventures 她她歷險記 ~~
Linda H.
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Taisan » 17 Nov 2011, 11:38

Hi all,
On Sunday Nov 13, 10 lovely ladies volunteered many hours of their time to help sort, hang and organize all the donations for the 'New To You' Charity sale. What an unbelievable day! There are so many beautiful donations and they must be sold so the prices are low, low, low! Donations for the sale can not be accepted as we are completely full!

The orphanage has now been contacted and told about the fundraising event. I didn't want to tell them too early so they would get their hopes up too soon. They are very excited to hear about the help that is on the way. We asked them what they needed and they have a wish list:

Toiletries: toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, sanitary napkins,
Children's diapers: various sizes
Linen: sheets, towels, blankets, pillow cases
Clothes: Please only quality, unstained clothes and shoes
Underwear and Undershirts: boys and girls in various sizes
School supplies: new: pencils, erasers, rulers, notebooks, colored pencils, pencil cases, backpacks
Food: Non-perishable items that have at least 6 months left on their expiry dates.

It would be really nice if people had these items on hand or could pick up a few things to put in our donations box on the day of the sale. Every little bit helps.

I can continue to collect orphanage donations until December 31, 2011. Please contact me to donate.

Also, a little bit more information about this fundraising event: Most of the money raised at the 'New To You' Sale will be used to BUY the items needed by the orphanage. The rest of the money will go to pay for their operating costs such as their monthly bills. The children are orphans, but they are still children who deserve quality things in their life to improve their self esteem So, I will spend the money on the things that they need with also a gift for each of them. I am pretty sure these children have never received a gift of a new item that has THEIR name on it! Some items will be sent down in advance so the orphanage can use them immediately and some items will be driven down so we can give it to them personally.

This event is different. 100% of all money raised will go towards the orphanage. I am donating all my expenses and time. I will personally see that they get what they need and what the money can afford to buy. If anyone can offer discounted prices on items to be bought for the orphanage, please email me at lorenap2234(at)h o t m a i l . c o m
and I will be very grateful as I need to stretch the money as far as possible.

Bring your shopping bags and see you on Sunday, November 20th from 1:00-5:00 pm!
Taisan
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recognized(s)

Postby Taisan » 21 Nov 2011, 23:28

Thank you all who participated in the 'New to You' Second Hand Charity Sale for Women. Whether you shopped, donated to the sale, donated to the orphanage, invited friends, spread the word or sent kind encouragment, you have all contributed to the success of this event. I hope you all love the treasures you bought, which are, 'New to You!"

I am pleased to announce that the sale raised 72,390 ntd (so far) for the Xinyi Orphanage in Yun Lin County, Taiwan. In addition to the money raised, we have also received about 15 large boxes of donations to go directly to the orphanage.

Would you believe that the young girls selling iced tea, raffle tickets and their homemade Christmas cards made almost 6000nt not including cash donations??!!

We are not finished collecting orphanage donations, so please contact me, lorenap2234 (at) h o t m a i l . c o m to contribute.
The orphanage has 48 children and needs:
toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, sanitary napkins, underwear, kids clothes, towels, sheets, pillowcases, blankets, food, school supplies, diapers and children's Chinese story books.

All the leftover clothes from the sale are being donated to 3 charities. One assists elderly orphans http://www.egnh.idv.bz . Another is called Taipei Women's Rescue Foundation http://www.twrf.org.tw which assists women from violent situations and the third is an organization in the Philippines which assists women rescued from human trafficking and the sex industry. http://www.safehousemovement.com .
The books will be donated to Grandma Nittis which sells them and donates the money to animal welfare organizations in Taiwan.

A great big THANK YOU to all the lovely people involved.
Taisan
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Events