Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Four international bands this Wednesday @ Legacy

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Four international bands this Wednesday @ Legacy

Postby the bear » 06 Jan 2012, 13:55

Just a heads up on an interesting show this Wednesday (Jan. 11) at Legacy: Metronomy (UK) The Naked and Famous (NZ) Bombay Bicycle Club (UK)and The Jezabels (AUS). Metronomy and the BBC are pretty well known and The Naked and Famous are very big in NZ and rocked Fuji Rock last year. Should be a good night.

http://www.untitled.asia/2012/01/the-peoples-party-tw/
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
27 Recommends(s)
103 Recognized(s)

Re: 4 international bands this Wednesday @ Legacy

Postby citizen k » 06 Jan 2012, 16:20

BBC and Metronomy are both worth seeing for sure. Looking forward to this gig a lot.
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

4 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 06 Jan 2012, 16:31

Damn and double damn! Would love to see this, but I don't get back to the island until March. Arrgh. Metronomy are from my home town, basically just a speck on the map in a forgotten corner of England.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

104 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby Guy Dudebro » 06 Jan 2012, 18:55

Taffy wrote:Damn and double damn! Would love to see this, but I don't get back to the island until March. Arrgh. Metronomy are from my home town, basically just a speck on the map in a forgotten corner of England.

Kind of like England to the world.
Forumosan avatar
Guy Dudebro
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby maoman » 06 Jan 2012, 19:06

the bear wrote:Just a heads up on an interesting show this Wednesday (Jan. 11) at Legacy: Metronomy (UK) The Naked and Famous (NZ) Bombay Bicycle Club (UK)and The Jezabels (AUS). Metronomy and the BBC are pretty well known and The Naked and Famous are very big in NZ and rocked Fuji Rock last year. Should be a good night.

http://www.untitled.asia/2012/01/the-peoples-party-tw/

Yes, I'm pretty sure I want to be there. :thumbsup:
Forumosan avatar
maoman

76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby Dougster » 07 Jan 2012, 01:23

I would love to go to this gig. The Horrors are playing next month, too. :discodance:
"A pair of quadruple whiskys and a pair of pints please" Withnail
Forumosan avatar
Dougster
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby citizen k » 12 Jan 2012, 12:12

That was a great gig all around last night. :thumbsup:
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

4 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 12 Jan 2012, 12:23

citizen k wrote:That was a great gig all around last night. :thumbsup:

Yeah good night what? Thought Bombay Bicycle Club were absolutely epic. As I expected Naked and Famous were run-away crowd favorites thanks to having a lead singer of Chinese extraction (and seeming to be surfing a wave of world-wide popularity right now. Hope it lasts.)
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear

ORIGINAL POSTER
27 Recommends(s)
103 Recognized(s)

Postby citizen k » 12 Jan 2012, 18:13

Bombay Bicycle Club were the highlight for me, as well. They've obviously been playing to some pretty big crowds, since they turned it on and got LOUD in all the right ways and at all the right times. Haven't enjoyed a set that much since I saw The Joy Formidable at a festival this past summer. I was almost done in by the time Metronomy got on, but so great to see such good bands on a bill together in a venue like Legacy. Whoever's behind it, bring more please!
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

4 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby Feiren » 12 Jan 2012, 18:49

Sorry I had to miss it. Just curious, how many people showed up? NT$2,000 is a lot of money for a show on Wednesday night. I'm sure it was worth it, but does Taiwan now have an audience well-heeled enough to support this kind of price. I know Japanese bands at Legacy charge this much regularly, but can acts from the UK and Australia with relatively little exposure in Taiwan also draw a crowd? I certainly hope this is the beginning of many great shows in Taiwan. Great live music is one of the few things from the US that I still really miss. Things have vastly improved, but still...
Feiren
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

4 Recommends(s)
198 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Events