Radiohead Live in Taipei

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Re: Radiohead Live in Taipei

Postby sandman » 25 Jul 2012, 17:05

trubadour wrote:Where you guys getting your info?

Insiders. Lots of damage control going on. New Aspect is getting serious shit. They've already had to move one of their shows (Cardigans maybe?) from Nankang (Nangang) to NTU sports centre due to their cack-handedness. Chinese firedrill at its finest. :lol: :lol: :lol:
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 26 Jul 2012, 00:07

Well, the performance was great, probably something to do with the "In Rainbows" omen which materialised about an hour before the show started.

I arrived pretty late, but managed to get in no problem. I even got a good, close view in front of the mixing desk.

Man, I grew up with this band. It's always great to see them.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...

This post was recommended by trubadour (26 Jul 2012, 00:59)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby trubadour » 26 Jul 2012, 00:23

It was amazing mate! I feel the same! They sounded so good I couldn't hardly believe how good! Those drums!
trubadour
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

114 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby Dougster » 26 Jul 2012, 00:54

Was a good performance, very dancy. I envy those who are gonna see them in Fuji.
"A pair of quadruple whiskys and a pair of pints please" Withnail
Forumosan avatar
Dougster
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby trubadour » 26 Jul 2012, 01:03

Beats were amazing but there were turns that were so touching. Last time I saw them they were quite against rocking-out. So glad they don't bother with that anymore. Still there times when the whole place was silent. Weird audience actually. So blown away by the music. Can't beleve how good it sounded.
trubadour

114 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby citizen k » 26 Jul 2012, 09:02

Great show. I showed up just as it was starting and had no trouble getting in. A few friends went to get numbers to line up at noon and apparently that got a bit mixed-up, at least for the B section, but on the whole I think it went off quite well for an event of that size. The sound was amazing for a show of that size and agree that definitely did rock the house. Glad to have finally seen them!
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

4 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Taipei / Xinbei Events