Information on Music Concerts/Gigs

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Information on Music Concerts/Gigs

Postby dizzyhytes » 09 Jan 2012, 18:03

Hi, is there any newsletter that is sent out that gives advance notice on what performers are going to be playing in Taipei, and where to book tickets? I've missed almost every gig so far that I've wanted to see, because I didn't know about it in advance, and when I finally realise an artist is playing, they're sold out.

I;m interested in both Chinese and English gigs, for example, is there any chance I can get tickets for A-Mei which is sold out? In other countries you can go to a ticket vendor like ticketmaster.co.uk and buy them, but in Taiwan, even if I wanted to pay a premium, I can't seem to find out where to get these tickets...

The links on this forum does not contain any useful information on upcoming gigs/concerts. It's no point finding out one month beforehand because often things are sold out several months in advance.

Thanks
dizzyhytes
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Information on Music Concerts/Gigs

Postby cfimages » 09 Jan 2012, 18:20

Search for gigguide.tw It's been mentioned here a few times and has all the info you need.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

184 Recommends(s)
187 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 09 Jan 2012, 18:29

ThreadKiller used to do a sterling job keeping us updated as regards art happenings in Taiwan. He has, alas, departed. Is there one amongst you who will put their hand up? :pray:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

957 Recommends(s)
363 Recognized(s)

Postby add2579 » 09 Jan 2012, 19:19

maybe this web could help you

http://www.ticket.com.tw/ Image
add2579
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Artemis » 09 Jan 2012, 23:09

Radiohead? No show no music no nothing.

http://www.gigguide.tw/event-4642 :D :notworthy:

Anyone know where I get a ticket for the real show?
Anyone up for drinks before/after?
Artemis
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby stevegan » 10 Jan 2012, 07:23

Artemis wrote:Anyone know where I get a ticket for the real show?

You can pick up tickets for Marilyn Manson's show at Rose Records (玫瑰唱片) and Tachung Records (大眾唱片), or order online at http://www.g-music.iticket.com.tw
Check out GigGuide.tw for a list of all upcoming concerts, plus local CD reviews and interviews.
stevegan
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Location: Currently in Taipei. Formerly in Auckland / New Zealand (Aotearoa)
3 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby stevegan » 12 Jan 2012, 20:38

dizzyhytes wrote:Hi, is there any newsletter that is sent out that gives advance notice on what performers are going to be playing in Taipei, and where to book tickets?

I run GigGuide.tw (thanks to those that've mentioned it on Forumosa!) and I hope you can find a few things there which tickle your fancy. A-mei's shows have been listed there a few times, but she probably plays more often than I notice. It's quite a lot of work for me to keep up with all the shows going on around the country so if you do know of any not listed on GigGuide.tw then I'd welcome you adding them so others can benefit. We don't have a newsletter at this time, but you might want to join our Facebook page or Follow Us on Twitter to hear all the latest news.
Check out GigGuide.tw for a list of all upcoming concerts, plus local CD reviews and interviews.
stevegan

Location: Currently in Taipei. Formerly in Auckland / New Zealand (Aotearoa)
3 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 13 Jan 2012, 10:08

Roxette is coming.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

599 Recommends(s)
473 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 13 Jan 2012, 10:13

Icon wrote:Roxette is coming.

Roxette is the new Air Supply.....they're always coming.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

26 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby citizen k » 14 Jan 2012, 10:53

stevegan wrote:I run GigGuide.tw (thanks to those that've mentioned it on Forumosa!) and I hope you can find a few things there which tickle your fancy.

It's a great site, stevegan. Thank you for it and keep going strong. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

4 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Return to Taipei / Xinbei Events