Brunch Club

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Brunch Club

Postby Adflob Sales » 02 Feb 2012, 22:05

Hello Flobsters...

Please allow me to introduce myself.....

My name is Stew. I am the new Director of Business Development for adflob.com, the business arm of forumosa.com. In all his wisdom, Gus has charged me with the awesome responsibility of bringing the flob's virtual reality out from behind the computer screens and into the community. In a sense, my job is part community organizer, part social admin. I am looking forward to this exciting opportunity and to hearing your ideas for the future of the flob. I know we've got lots of goodies for you that will roll out in the coming weeks and months.

The first order of business gives me great pleasure to share with you. A little something we are calling Brunch Club.

Brunch Club. The first rule of Brunch Club, is tell everyone about Brunch Club.

We have reserved a large family-style table at a very new brunch place in Gongguan. I have sampled several excellent dishes over the last couple of weeks as this yet-to-be-named eatery works through its soft opening. They now think they are ready to tackle the flobsters. So your mods and I are going to host a weekly brunch, every Sunday at noon at Coda. Andrew Lunman, one of forumosa's longest standing sponsors is generously offering flobsters a 10% discount, so you can't go wrong.

Stimulating conversation and the best damn brunch in Asia...every Sunday, noon until 5PM.

Come, break bread with us.

The Skillet

The Breakfast Pizza

Coda
106台灣
台北市大安區羅斯福路三段283巷23號
02-2365-2769

Please let us know if you intend to join us so we can give the kitchen an idea of how many.

Cheers

Stew
Stew
Advertising Sales Manager
Forumosa.com
0912-910-500
sales@adflob.com
Adflob Sales
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Re: Mods' Brunch

Postby Tigerman » 03 Feb 2012, 17:44

I'll be there... Probably just after noon. :cool:
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

263 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 04 Feb 2012, 00:09

I'll be there. Come along, friends, so you can shout at me IRL about your last temping. :D
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1050 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 04 Feb 2012, 00:18

Me too, looking forward to it
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

332 Recommends(s)
325 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 04 Feb 2012, 08:18

Bump. Come speak to us. :bow:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1050 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 04 Feb 2012, 09:12

I'll be lying in wait with my rockers, you mods is going down.

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

30 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby Adflob Sales » 04 Feb 2012, 09:29

Mods are a shifty bunch with plenty of scams up their sleeves. This Sunday (Sunday Sunday), you'll discover

Stew
Advertising Sales Manager
Forumosa.com
0912-910-500
sales@adflob.com
Adflob Sales

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Funk500 » 04 Feb 2012, 12:16

I think I'll show my face.
Forumosan avatar
Funk500
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

19 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 04 Feb 2012, 12:19

iS pAUL wELLER GONNA BE THERE?

(inverted caps...word!)
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper

93 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 04 Feb 2012, 12:20

Deuce Dropper wrote:iS pAUL wELLER GONNA BE THERE?

(inverted caps...word!)

I don't think so, but Smithers Jones isn't busy.
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

62 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Events