A Night for Kevin

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

A Night for Kevin

Postby maoman » 18 Feb 2012, 00:51

In the early hours of February 16, 2012, Kevin Skelly, the GM of Carnegie's Taipei and a prominent member of the international community in Taiwan, was involved in a serious accident that resulted in severe and extensive damage to his brain and pulmonary systems. The doctors and hospital staff are doing all possible to stabilize Kevin's condition to allow him to recover, especially the damage to his brain.

On Friday the 24th, Carnegie's will be holding a private fundraiser for Kevin Skelly and his family. Carnegie's will provide food and drink for everyone in exchange for a donation to the fund.

For more information, click here.
Forumosan avatar
maoman

ORIGINAL POSTER
76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Re: A Night for Kevin

Postby Adflob Sales » 18 Feb 2012, 01:05

Stew
Advertising Sales Manager
Forumosa.com
0912-910-500
sales@adflob.com
Adflob Sales
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 18 Feb 2012, 01:13

Thanks Anthony and Stew :thumbsup: Hope to see you all there.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

29 Recommends(s)
106 Recognized(s)

Postby Adflob Sales » 18 Feb 2012, 11:06

To All Friends and Colleagues of our Dearest Kevin Skelly:

We urgently need your support. In the early hours of February 16, 2012, Kevin was involved in a serious accident that has resulted in severe and extensive damage to his brain and pulmonary systems. The doctors and hospital staff are doing all possible to stabilize Kevin's condition to allow him to recover, especially the damage to his brain.

A trust account has been established to support Kevin and his family that includes his 2-year old son, Callum, and his 4-year old daughter, Kira. This trust account's funds will provide Kevin's family with:

- financial support for immediate and extended-term medical expenses; and
- assistance with daily living expenses in this time of great hardship.

Please donate as much as you feel you can afford. Your much-needed donations to the Kevin Skelly Support Fund are greatly appreciated!

And let's keep Kevin in our prayers for his recovery. We will share updates as soon as they become available.

Here are the banking instructions for donations:

From within Taiwan:
Account Name:艾格峰外國法事務律師事務所
Bank :渣打國際商業銀行
Branch:仁愛分行
Account no.:11653000001791

From outside Taiwan:

Account Name: Eiger Law
A/C NO. 11653000001791
Bank: Standard Chartered Bank (Taiwan) Limited
Bank Address: No.1, Sec. 4, Ren’ai Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
SWIFT Code: SCBLTWTP
Stew
Advertising Sales Manager
Forumosa.com
0912-910-500
sales@adflob.com
Adflob Sales

3 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Eiger John » 22 Feb 2012, 11:03

Our law firm’s account has been set up to provide Kevin’s friends around the world with a secure place to send contributions for his medical expenses. Eiger Law is doing this free of charge as Kevin has been a close friend to this firm and its partners and because it is one small way we can help:

1. provide contributors with some comfort in knowing that the money is going someplace where we have professional obligations in keeping it safe; and
2. keep scam artists from thinking that there might be a way to jump in on this horrible tragedy.

Warm Regards,

John Eastwood
Eiger Law
"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws." - John Quincy Adams

Article on enforcement of foreign court and arbitral decisions into Taiwan: http://goo.gl/hGXGG
Article on Cross-Strait intellectual property basics: http://goo.gl/ub4vA
Eiger John
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby *monkey* » 22 Feb 2012, 15:05

Can anyone share some information about what happened? Scooter accident?
Floggings will continue until morale improves

Monkey's portmanteau of the day: Scootard
Forumosan avatar
*monkey*
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

4 Recommends(s)
62 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 22 Feb 2012, 15:50

*monkey* wrote:Can anyone share some information about what happened? Scooter accident?

I'm going to insert Maoman's original description of the accident here:

"The accident occurred late at night, on wet roads, at an intersection. Police aren't putting the blame on any one individual, at least not so far. They've reviewed the surveillance tapes with Jenny's brother, and apparently they're not really conclusive. Kevin was driving on his scooter, his wife was a minute behind him in the car, so she didn't see the accident, but she was pretty much first on the scene. Alcohol was NOT a factor. A cheap helmet that came off when it shouldn't have was a factor. The other [scooter] driver came away from the accident with nothing more than scrapes."

We don't really want to get into long discussions on details in a public forum as insurance claims are pending. PM me with any questions you may have.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear

29 Recommends(s)
106 Recognized(s)

Postby *monkey* » 22 Feb 2012, 16:18

No details necessary. I hope he recovers from this and has more than the minimum insurance.

I always try to dissuade friends from using scooters because the consequences of an accident are often so tragic.
Floggings will continue until morale improves

Monkey's portmanteau of the day: Scootard
Forumosan avatar
*monkey*

4 Recommends(s)
62 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 22 Feb 2012, 16:28

I'll be there on Friday, but not until afer 9:30pm. Will there be someone there (Olivia?) to take donations?
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 22 Feb 2012, 16:36

sandman wrote:I'll be there on Friday, but not until after 9:30pm. Will there be someone there (Olivia?) to take donations?

No worries; we'll be there till late. Alternatively we've got donation jars installed in most of Taipei's foreigner pubs/cafes/restaurants.
Forumosan avatar
the bear

29 Recommends(s)
106 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Events