Lady Gaga May 17th

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Re: Lady Gaga May 17th

Postby Icon » 27 Mar 2012, 14:16

Cash only. Lines stretching for days. If you ask me... :loco: but then I also stopped listening to any pop song after the 80's, nothing but trance/tecno after 90's. And the Boss has a new album, that's where my money is going.

Which gets me back to the cash only for Lady gaga's tickets? Whisky Tango Hotel!? You should have seen the rolls of money people carried -in spite of the warning of no more than 6 tickets per person...
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

788 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 27 Mar 2012, 14:48

sandman wrote:
Super Hans wrote:Adele is pretty heavy in the thighs.

But! She's a SONGBIRD! What's more, she's OUR songbird, not one of them stupid Yanks. Jesus! What's the MATTER with you? Don't you know ANYTHING about music appreciation?

whoa lets not get xenophobic here. theres not a single person among my social circle who doesnt totally love adele and pretty much all but one of them are American. adele has a gift with her voice and we all appreciate it. nobody I know personally has a problem with her appearance (or where shes from). she gets paid to sing, not to model. all we care about is that soulful voice and the rest is a nonissue.
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

94 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 27 Mar 2012, 23:54

whoa lets not get xenophobic here. theres not a single person among my social circle who doesnt totally love adele and pretty much all but one of them are American. adele has a gift with her voice and we all appreciate it. nobody I know personally has a problem with her appearance (or where shes from). she gets paid to sing, not to model. all we care about is that soulful voice and the rest is a nonissue

Which is a rarity these days. Most 'artists' get paid to prance around on the stage looking pretty or swan around on a podium with a telephone on their head. Good voices and musical ability an advantage but not imperative.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby bookworm » 28 Mar 2012, 14:30

the bear wrote:
bookworm wrote:Back to the main topic :wink: does anyone know where and how to get tickets? I don't think they sold it online.
Thanks!

AFAIK they sold out on the first day of sales. Suggest some sort of Trojan horse maneuver on the day to get into the gig.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to search ruten and yahoo bid for tickets then haha :wink: and yes, I am one of the fans. Though I also like Adele. :)
Forumosan avatar
bookworm
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby tango42 » 01 Apr 2012, 01:36

Nangang Convention Hall is one of the worst places to hear or see a concert. It's just a big warehouse where the sound echoes around like bouncing around a steel drum. The sound won't be good. Only people in front can see anything. The rest of the people have to watch the monitors.

Having said that, Gaga is an amazing and talented performer, so would be worth the time and money if in front.
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
tango42
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

6 Recommends(s)
43 Recognized(s)

Postby DiveAsia » 18 May 2012, 13:31

Well, the concert was great although the venue was not ideal. Seating was reserved to the cheaper seats ( $6,800 - $1,800) and all seats were not at floor level but on risers, so that made it more enjoyable.
I was able to get tickets out front from scalpers, and paid about half price for each of the seats.
I have heard that tonight's concert ( May 18th) all ($2800 -$1800) seats that you buy at the door are buy one get one free. So, if you are thinking of getting tickets from a scalper, know that you should pay less than 1/2 face value for your seats.
DiveAsia
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Events