Event Idea: Game of Thrones

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Event Idea: Game of Thrones

Postby Typhun » 11 Apr 2012, 17:55

Maybe this is a dumb idea, or maybe it's a brilliant dumb idea, but I think it would be cool if it happened.

So, I really enjoyed the first season of Game of Thrones, and the second season is premiering next week (starting April 21). Would it be cool or not if some bar/restaurant promoted the screening on its premises?

I think it would be more fun to see it in a public place rather than sit at home. I wonder if some venue with the right equipment and space would want to try some kind of relatively simple promotional event for fans of that show to watch the premier episode. Maybe even convert into a weekly event if the turnout is strong. Seems like it could be a way for a venue to get non-regulars in the door. Maybe even some word-of-mouth marketing if it became a weekly event. I know I'd send the invite out to a dozen friends or so.
:popcorn:
Typhun
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Events