Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Family Beach Day at Fulong Beach, Sunday June 24 at 12:00

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Family Beach Day at Fulong Beach, Sunday June 24 at 12:00

Postby maoman » 31 May 2012, 14:54

Edit: The event has been postponed to June 24th!

June 17th is Father's Day in many western countries, and we're celebrating with a Beach Day at the Fu Bar on Fulong Beach! We'll be starting the day at the beach and finish with a barbecue, South African style! The Fu Bar is offering us a special meal deal:
Grillmaster wrote:Hi all,

We usually do a buffet service for groups but I think it is going to be a little difficult to predict numbers for this one. So, we'll do platters for you guys instead. We'll prepare something similar to the Hunter's Platter and a Pita 5 Platter for every 4 people who attend. That would usually be NT$2,350 but we'll do it for the event for NT$2,000 or NT$500 per person. We have quite a few vegetarian options on the pitas and each platter comes with a Fu Bar salad and mashed potato or mielie pap* too.

Hunter's Platter:

Pita 5 Platter in the background:

Cash bar but we'll put together some special cocktails for you guys too at a special price.

*Mielie Pap = Africa's staple diet, made from white corn flour. Eaten as a porridge for breakfast and as the main part of the meal for lunch and dinner. Similar to polenta or grits. We serve it with a tomato/onion based sauce. Yummy. And makes you big and strong.

To give us a better idea of numbers, please sign up on the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/478077528874984/

Come out and join us for a fun day in the sun! :cool:
Forumosan avatar
maoman

ORIGINAL POSTER
76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Re: Family Beach Day at Fulong Beach, Sunday June 17 at 12:00

Postby Omniloquacious » 01 Jun 2012, 12:18

I'll aim to be there if I possibly can. I'm sure my daughter would love to play on the beach with Mao Jiejie and Mao Meimei.
If I prioritized the acquisition of wealth above other purposes in life, I might still have come to Taiwan to study Chinese, but I doubt I would have remained here.
寸金難買寸光陰
Forumosan avatar
Omniloquacious
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

67 Recommends(s)
191 Recognized(s)

Re: Family Beach Day at Fulong Beach, Sunday June 24 at 12:00

Postby maoman » 04 Jun 2012, 20:06

Omniloquacious wrote:I'll aim to be there if I possibly can. I'm sure my daughter would love to play on the beach with Mao Jiejie and Mao Meimei.

My girls would love that! :thumbsup:

And good news - we've got a full-sized bus! So if you were wondering about how you'd get there, wonder no more! :discodance:

The bus will pick up people at 11:45 from the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall Station (departure at 12:00) and leave Fulong at 8:00 pm to go back to Taipei. Go to and from the beach in air-conditioned comfort! :D The cost will be $350 per bum (return trip). Obviously, babies that don't require a seat ride for free.

Please contact vanessa@taiwanease.com if you want to reserve a seat - first come, first served! :)
Forumosan avatar
maoman

ORIGINAL POSTER
76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Re: Family Beach Day at Fulong Beach, Sunday June 17 at 12:00

Postby Brendon » 05 Jun 2012, 03:48

I'm pretty seriously tempted. We've still never been out to FuLong, and the tyke has yet to see the ocean.
Brendon
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

4 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby maoman » 15 Jun 2012, 13:55

Brendon wrote:I'm pretty seriously tempted. We've still never been out to Fulong, and the tyke has yet to see the ocean.

Brendon, it would be great to see you. I hope you make it!
Forumosan avatar
maoman

ORIGINAL POSTER
76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby maoman » 15 Jun 2012, 13:57

Because of the typhoon skirting the island, we're postponing the event by one week!

We've got a lot of people signed up for the event, but there's always room for more, and Brother Etienne at the Fu Bar's Braai is bountiful. :thumbsup:
Forumosan avatar
maoman

ORIGINAL POSTER
76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby maoman » 24 Jun 2012, 08:48

Hurrah! It's a sunny day! I've got two new frisbees, a cooler of beer, two beach umbrellas and a surfboard (although I don't think I'll be using it - more likely it'll be me towing the kids around on it.)

Beach umbrellas can be rented right next to the Fu Bar, so if you don't have one, don't worry - we've got you, um, covered, lol.

If you need comfortable, convenient, DIRECT transportation, you should know that we have a bus, with lots of storage room for beach chairs, strollers, coolers, umbrellas, even surfboards! The bus leaves from Exit 3 of the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall MRT Station on the blue line at 12:00. Please try to show up by 11:45. If you haven't reserved your seat on the bus YET, please call Vanessa at 0923-668-111 to avoid disappointment.

Oh, and this just in - because it seems there's good number of us, Fu Bar is going to close its doors to outside business to focus on us! They're also changing the meal deal - NT$500/plate for adults, NT$200/plate for kids 2-12, kids under 2 eat free. You all know Fu Bar and the kind of spread Etienne puts on - this will be a good feed, with good company.

PS Don't forget your sunscreen!
Forumosan avatar
maoman

ORIGINAL POSTER
76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 24 Jun 2012, 10:30

The most exciting aspect of this excursion is that jimipresley will be in attendance! If you were previously reticent about attending, you now have a perfectly valid excuse for shrugging off your usual Sunday ennui! :discodance:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

992 Recommends(s)
374 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 24 Jun 2012, 10:58

I'm very sad I live so far away. Mainly to be close to Jimi, but a day on the beach too. Next time. Have fun you lucky peoples.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Events