Ballet in April @ the National Theater

Post your upcoming Taipei and Xinbei Events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taipei and Xinbei. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Ballet in April @ the National Theater

Postby ThreadKiller » 28 Mar 2011, 23:02

Universal Ballet of Korea's ‘Shim Chung’ (4/5-6) @ the National Theater (a tale of filial piety)

Despite the avatar, I’m not a ballet lover myself, but this might be of interest to some:

WHAT: Universal Ballet of Korea, Shim Chung

WHEN: April 5 and April 6 at 7:30pm

WHERE: National Theater (國家戲劇院), 21-1 Zhongshan S Rd, Taipei City (台北市中山南路21-1號)

ADMISSION: Tickets are NT$1,200 to NT$3,600, available at the NTCH box office or online at http://www.artsticket.com.tw

Taipei Times article: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar ... 2003499291
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Re: Universal Ballet of Korea's ‘Shim Chung’ (4/5-6) @ the National Theater

Postby Funk500 » 28 Mar 2011, 23:08

ThreadKiller wrote:
Despite the avatar, I’m not a ballet lover myself, but this might be of interest to some:

Do you like a uniform though?
Forumosan avatar
Funk500
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

19 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby ThreadKiller » 28 Mar 2011, 23:20

Funk500 wrote:
ThreadKiller wrote:

Do you like a uniform though?

Would you be wearing it?

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller

ORIGINAL POSTER
99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby Funk500 » 28 Mar 2011, 23:25

I only have the overalls from when I was a picker at the Tescos warehouse one summer.
Forumosan avatar
Funk500

19 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Mother Theresa » 29 Mar 2011, 05:28

Speaking of ballet, on April 9 and 10 the 5th International Ballet Star Gala will come to Taipei, gathering stars from many countries and styles (ie., Russian, American, English, Dutch).

http://www.balletstargala.com/en_2011.performance.html

My daughter just started ballet lessons with a young Taiwanese woman who started dancing at age 3, danced professional ballet in the US and seems to be quite talented and she highly recommended the above, so we bought three tickets. Not cheap. We'll be way up high with binoculars in the NT$1600 seats, but it's a rare splurge for us.
"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

14 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Re: Ballet in April @ the National Theater

Postby ThreadKiller » 30 Mar 2011, 21:28

And another one - saw an ad in The China Post today for Swan Lake:

'Irina Kolesnikova & St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre present Swan Lake'

Date: 4/21-24

Venue: National Theater Taipei

Wondering why I have suddenly started to see ballet advertised everywhere. Did Natalie Portman make ballet cool?

http://www.artsticket.com.tw/CKSCC2005/Product/Product00/ProductsDetailsPage.aspx?ProductID=hx0fZA09nGeH5Q3XM4XMQ&Area=C&Id=9210

http://www.ntch.edu.tw/englishProgram/show/40408e952d7325b8012d8546319301fd

Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller

ORIGINAL POSTER
99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Re: Ballet in April @ the National Theater

Postby borneye721 » 13 Dec 2011, 07:39

borneye721
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Events