NHL 2011-12 season thread

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: NHL 2011-12 season thread

Postby k.k. » 28 Feb 2012, 15:11

sjcma wrote:Most likely, my surprising Sens will make the playoffs this year. However, they'll get bounced the 1st round unless they can put together a run to overtake NJ so they can get the Panthers/Jets/Caps in the first round. Go Sens!

sjcma! Long time no see. I was thinking about you the other day in fact, chatting online with a guy in a fantasy league I'm in, huge Sens fan, he was all pumped about beating the Jets for the 2nd time in recent games. Yeah, the Sens are rolling, but like you said, I suspect they'll be first round fodder for whoever they lined up against.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.
"Drinks for the House!"

27 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby sjcma » 29 Feb 2012, 01:09

k.k., kinda quite with this year's trade deadline. Your Isles picked up a couple of prospects from the Bruins and got rid of a couple of aging defenseman. I guess that makes sense...rebuild, although the Isles seem to be in constant rebuild mode like the Leafs. The Sens is in full rebuild mode with lots of youth on the roster, my favourite being none other than 21-yr old Erik Karlsson. :discodance:

CBJ is screwed. They'll never be able to get rid of Nash with that contract. I'm glad the Preds are doing well. The only reason I care is because Mike Fisher is on the team. Surprises for me this year beside my Sens -- Caps' implosion, Habs continuing implosion (guess they'll have to hire a French speaking coach next season), and the Jets with a real chance to finish 3rd in the East.
If you aren’t failing, then you aren’t trying hard enough.
Forumosan avatar
sjcma
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

3 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 29 Feb 2012, 02:16

sjcma wrote:CBJ is screwed. They'll never be able to get rid of Nash with that contract.

Glad he didn't come to NY, even for what the NY Post reported today as the Ranger's offer of Dubinsky and three top prospects. Sweated that out with all the rumors, but never really seemed like it would happen in the end.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

280 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 29 Feb 2012, 09:52

CLB is a mess of a franchise top to bottom. I have no respect for GM Howson coming out with the news that Nash requested a trade. That shit should be kept internal. Make no mistake about it though, even with a big contract, Nash will be moved in the off-season. If Carter and his gargantuan over-inflated contract can be moved, Nash should be no problem. I think he ends up in Toronto in the summer.

Tempo, yeah, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. The Rags don't need Nash, but they will have to figure out how to score more or they won't be going far in the postseason.

I think Nashville is a real dark horse in the West. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see them in the West Conf Finals. Beast of a team, best goalie in the league and incredible D.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.
"Drinks for the House!"

27 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 29 Feb 2012, 11:01

k.k. wrote:Tempo, yeah, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. The Rags don't need Nash, but they will have to figure out how to score more or they won't be going far in the postseason.

It wouldn't hurt to score more, but they've scored enough so far. Either way I'd rather see them keep building with what they have, whatever happens this year. They have some talent coming down the pike.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

280 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 04 Mar 2012, 19:32

Bruins Rags live on ASN 1:30 tonight!
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

280 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 05 Mar 2012, 02:35

Tempo Gain wrote:Bruins Rags live on ASN 1:30 tonight!

What was Prust thinking? Good on him though. Is your ASN bugging out?
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

53 Recommends(s)
50 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 05 Mar 2012, 03:15

Toe Save wrote:What was Proust thinking? Good on him though. Is your ASN bugging out?

:) Got to give him credit. Yeah it was on and off there for a while.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

280 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 06 Mar 2012, 17:59

Cinderella season continues in Winnipeg as the province of Manitoba continues it's love affair with all things Jets. Man that building gets loud. If the Jets do make the playoffs, and they are playing like they mean it right now, they're going to blow the roof right off. Unreal. I love how last night after Buffalo's Ryan Miller let in a goal off Winnipeg 4th line tough guy Thorburn, the whole arena was chanting "silver medal, silver medal" at Miller. Humor.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.
"Drinks for the House!"

27 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby sjcma » 12 Mar 2012, 12:41

A bad week for the Jets, now sitting 4 pts out a playoff position. Not only do they have to catch the Caps, they'll have to fend off a surging Sabres team as well. But they'll get a chance to do just that with 2 games against the Caps in the next week and a half. Do or die time. Jets are also blessed with an easier schedule compared to the Caps in the remaining 12 games. It'll be good to have another Cdn team in the playoffs.
If you aren’t failing, then you aren’t trying hard enough.
Forumosan avatar
sjcma

3 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Sports