NHL 2011-12 season thread

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: NHL 2011-12 season thread

Postby baberenglish » 09 May 2012, 18:22

The thing of all of this is that the only teams left that play exciting are the rangers and the caps. LA/PHX/NJD are just plain BORING to watch. I've got better ways of watching a "TRAP"
Forumosan avatar
baberenglish
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 11 May 2012, 01:15

baberenglish wrote:LA/PHX/NJD are just plain BORING to watch.

You can add Rangers to that list. That...is boring hockey. They are a defensive team first, and lucky to score more than 1 or 2 goals a game. Caps/Devils will make for a more exciting Conf final, imo. I pray that LA beats PHX because it would be atrocious to have to watch the-team-that-no-one-cares-about in the Cup Finals.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.
"Drinks for the House!"

30 Recommends(s)
19 Recognized(s)

Postby baberenglish » 11 May 2012, 16:18

This takes me back to the Sabres and Stars way back when...first final I refused to watch. Did it the next year with NJD and Dallas but then after that I watched it again.
Forumosan avatar
baberenglish

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 13 May 2012, 10:06

I may have just lost my playoff pool, but oh brudda is that pint o' Guinness gonna taste sweet. Subway series it is.

And I love reading how all you Vancouver CanGolf fans find these playoffs boring. LMAO...

There hasn't been 4 such fine goaltenders in the semis in my memory. Low scoring games are what great hockey is all about. Something not understood in LotusLand.

Go Rags!!!!!
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

53 Recommends(s)
50 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 13 May 2012, 10:32

Oh yes. Well earned. I feel for the Caps. If they'd won I'd be rooting for them. Should be hell of a series coming up.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

287 Recommends(s)
290 Recognized(s)

Postby Wilch » 13 May 2012, 16:40

Welp, there goes the Caps.

Let's go Yotes! (?)

Hope they win one in case they do get relocated.
Wilch
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby navillus » 13 May 2012, 22:58

Toe Save wrote:
There hasn't been 4 such fine goaltenders in the semis in my memory. Low scoring games are what great hockey is all about. Something not understood in LotusLand.

Go Rags!!!!!

Agreed. All but the "Go Rags!!!" bit. High scoring games all too often lead to ridiculous scores seen in the Pitts-Philly series which leads to very little third period drama. I'd take a 2-1, or 1-0 game any day. And I can't remember guys getting down in front of shots like they are in these playoffs.
"collective madness is called sanity"
Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die
Forumosan avatar
navillus
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

6 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 13 May 2012, 23:56

Boo...... :bluemad:
Looks like I have a couple of beers to buy. I'll be back in Taiwan on the weekend.

As far as low/high scoring games go, I won't clamor for some of the crazy scores we saw in that PIT/PHI series, but 1-0 hockey games? Come on. Borefest. I want a bit more action than that. And I'm a goalie guy too, played the position as a kid, and follow the NHL's premier guys closely. Tight, low scoring games are not the be all and end all of good hockey. Good lord...

And Toe, don't you for a second lump me in with Vancouver fans. Not for a second! :ohreally:
Forumosan avatar
k.k.
"Drinks for the House!"

30 Recommends(s)
19 Recognized(s)

Postby Wilch » 14 May 2012, 00:01

Vancouver fans are awesome.
Wilch
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby baberenglish » 14 May 2012, 09:33

Wilch wrote:Vancouver fans are awesome.

Canucks fans are women.
Forumosan avatar
baberenglish

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Sports