NHL 2011-12 season thread

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: NHL 2011-12 season thread

Postby k.k. » 04 Jun 2012, 17:44

Timmy T is a headcase. Sit out then. Or better yet, good riddance.
Someone might overpay for Semin, but they'd be foolish. He won't likely be missed if he heads back home to play.
I don't see Parise going anywhere.
Contrary to what everyone else thinks, I think Suter stays put with Nashville too. Yeah the Red Wings want him, but so what. He likes playing in Nashville and they have been a playoff fixture for many years now.
I read this morning that apparently the Rangers want Radulov. We'll see. Every year the Rags are linked to all the bigger names that are free agents. They got Brad Richards last year. Not sure Radulov fixes their ills though.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

23 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby Wilch » 04 Jun 2012, 19:27

And the staunch Canuck haters are still defending Thomas. Seems like he's a god to them for denying the Canucks the cup.

I believe Rask is an RFA this coming season as well. The Bruins will likely be stuck with a little south of $10m on the books just on two goalies, and one of them won't even be around to play.
Wilch
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 04 Jun 2012, 21:56

Wilch wrote:I believe Rask is an RFA this coming season as well. The Bruins will likely be stuck with a little south of $10m on the books just on two goalies, and one of them won't even be around to play.

I expect to see Rask get 60+ starts for Boston this coming season, and be solid. They'll quickly forget about TT.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.

23 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 05 Jun 2012, 00:27

k.k. wrote:I read this morning that apparently the Rangers want Radulov. We'll see. Every year the Rags are linked to all the bigger names that are free agents. They got Brad Richards last year. Not sure Radulov fixes their ills though.

I've heard some talk about that too. See in the Post today he's restricted so they're talking trade. May not be too much though as he has a standing offer to play back home. Seems like he could be good value to add a forward for relatively little. Gaborik looks to be out for 6 months with shoulder surgery so they have a hole to fill. They'd like Parise, but hard to say of course. Jersey's money problems are real so they should have a shot at him at least.

You seen this KK?

Islanders moving to Brooklyn worth discussing
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

250 Recommends(s)
260 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 05 Jun 2012, 13:35

Tempo Gain wrote:

Yeah, this 'Isles to Brooklyn' story has been out there in some form or another for at least a year now. I'll believe it when I see it. As long as the team remains on Long Island, I'm okay with it. Queens, Brooklyn, whatever. If they move off Long Island and cease to be "the Islanders", they'll lose me as a fan. Simple as that. Been thru it before with the original Winnipeg Jets and the Montreal Expos.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.

23 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 05 Jun 2012, 13:43

It looks to me that it may be the only way. Lon Gislanders won't have a fun time driving in but beats having no team I guess. I don't think they'll have a problem selling tickets.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

250 Recommends(s)
260 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 05 Jun 2012, 17:04

Tempo Gain wrote:It looks to me that it may be the only way. Lon Gislanders won't have a fun time driving in but beats having no team I guess. I don't think they'll have a problem selling tickets.

Yeah, they'll sell tickets there, no prob. I figure they'll even gain some fans. And as far as the arena being too small, look at what happened in Winnipeg. Supply and demand. The Jets season tix are sold out for 5 years and there is a waiting list 8000 deep to get them (you have to pay to be on the list too!). If the Isles can find their way back to the playoff mix, tickets will sell like hotcakes. The fans are there, they're just pissed off over a rebuilding product and fickle (and sometimes nutty) ownership.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.

23 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby Wilch » 05 Jun 2012, 20:47

I don't know if the Gretzky Oilers or the late 70s Habs managed to do this, but the Kings are on the verge of winning the Stanley Cup without losing a single game on the road.

My goodness.
Wilch
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 05 Jun 2012, 21:15

Wilch wrote:I don't know if the Gretzky Oilers or the late 70s Habs managed to do this, but the Kings are on the verge of winning the Stanley Cup without losing a single game on the road.

My goodness.

That is indeed pretty impressive. Hindsight is 20/20, but it seems the writing was on the wall after the Kings knocked off the President Trophy winning Canucks and then the solid Blues in the next round. I'd say they have earned it. I'm not real impressed with the Devils in the Cup Finals though. I think they used up all their juice just getting out of the East Conf and into the Finals.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.

23 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 06 Jun 2012, 03:33

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012 ... your-mind/

Finally, next media's take on the state of the stanley cup finals

This post was recommended by Wilch (07 Jun 2012, 23:39)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

250 Recommends(s)
260 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Sports