Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Football/Soccer In Taipei

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Looking to play Soccer

Postby nrubio » 14 Aug 2011, 20:45

I'm looking to play on a regular basis, 1 to 3 times a week. I'm in Lujhu but I am willing to travel. Looking for social or even league play as long as it isn't hardcore competitive.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me know. Thanks.
nrubio
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Football/Soccer in Taiwan

Postby Banqiaores » 20 Sep 2011, 19:36

Hi Everyone!

I just spent my first month teaching English over here in Banqiao and am wondering if there are any football groups or casual leagues here/near Taipei? I don't know too many people here yet and miss playing the game, so I'm hoping to find some people that are like me.
I'd also like to pick up surfing, can anyone give me advice about good places for a beginner to go, if there are any people that go regularly, groups, that sort of thing I'd be very grateful!
Cheers!
Banqiaores

Re: Football/Soccer In Taipei

Postby roback33 » 13 Nov 2011, 01:39

There is a training session orgznized by the Red Lions Taipei, every Tuesday and Thursday 19.30 - 21.30 near the Shi Pai MRT station. There is also a session organized by Carnegies, same place on Saturday 15.00 - 17.00. At www.taipeifootball.com.tw you can find information about leagues in Taipei.
Formosa Football Academy - the prime Football Academy in Taipei!!! If your child is interested in football, visit our website: www.ffa.tw
roback33
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Jase » 15 Mar 2012, 18:58

The On Tap Badgers will be entering the expat 11-a-side football league, starting in a couple of weeks, for the first time. We are a fun team, with a good social scene, although we obviously want to win. The league is pretty competetive these days, so if you regard yourself a decent player and fancy a game, please get in touch with me by sending me a PM. We play Thursday nights, Saturdays & Sundays at either Dazhi Riverside Park, or next to Bai Ling Bridge, near Shilin. Cheers.
On Tap: No.11, Alley 11, Lane 216, Zhongxiao East Rd, Sec. 4, Taipei
Facebook: OnTap Friends
www.ontaptaipei.com
Forumosan avatar
Jase
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby 3 lions » 11 Jun 2012, 16:39

Hi all,
I was told that in 2014 Tiawan will be trying to get a pro Football league up and going ,I am coaching football in Australia at the moment but will be back in TW with my taiwanese wife by then to live, anybody know anything on this ?
3 lions

Postby whywhywhy » 25 Jun 2012, 10:17

Hi everybody,

I would like to kick the ball once or twice (maybe three times) a week also. I cannot say I am really good at that, but still can play, know what to do, at least know how to kick the ball.

Hope there is someone who can let me know where I can play or join an event

Thank you in advance
Forumosan avatar
whywhywhy
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby kw93 » 27 Jun 2012, 10:36

I'd be interested if you are still doing this. I'm really missing it here and have been looking for an opportunity to play regularly :)
"We talk about civilization as though it's a static state. There are no civilized people yet, it's a process that's constantly going on... As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization."
Forumosan avatar
kw93

Postby ocean1118 » 06 Jul 2012, 09:59

what it is pick up ?
Los Angeles Dodgers Hats,cheap MLB snapback hats snapback hats wholesale, California, USA
ocean1118

Postby Shearersheed » 17 Jul 2012, 00:11

hey if any guys would like to have a kick about on saturday afternoons, or early evenings or early Sunday mornings please let me know. I really want to play more sports. I can play football OK enough but I am terribly unfit and a over weight so no team would really allow me to play with them.

If we could get enough guys we could do it every week, and eventually if we had enough we could even book pitches and things in the future to guarantee we had somewhere to play.

my email is marky.baobei@gmail.com

my name is Mark.
Howay the lads!!!!!
Forumosan avatar
Shearersheed
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby whywhywhy » 17 Jul 2012, 10:47

Shi-Da's soccer field is almost empty, especially in early mornings, that would be great if we can start playing by this weekend. I have already send an email to you Mark :D
Forumosan avatar
whywhywhy
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Sports