Football/Soccer In Taipei

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: Anyone up for a game of football (soccer)...?

Postby IrishTony » 28 Dec 2009, 20:50

Hi Nic

We have a ladies Gaelic football club in Taipei, and we're looking for some new girls to get involved in the coming season. Gaelic football is basically a mix between soccer and basketball.

The club trains each weekend in Taipei, starting from around February and ending around October after the Asian Gaelic Games. We enter a team each year in this competition, and the TaiwanNu's take on other ladies teams from all around Asia, its a great weekend. We're looking to put a new team together for the coming season. 2009 saw the largest number of ladies teams ever participate in the Asian Games. Everyone will be out to beat the current ladies Champions Singapore G.A.A. in 2010

If you or any of the other girls here would like to come along and join us, shoot me an email at taiwancelts@gmail.com and I'll put you on the mailing list for the club monthly newsletter. We would be delighted to welcome you and any of your friends along. We'll be starting introductory training sessions in a few weeks time, and there's plenty of social activities planned throughout the season too.

You can check out this video to see what the sport is like: http://taiwancelts.com/2007/index.php?o ... &Itemid=64

Tony

www.taiwancelts.com
IrishTony
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby JFP » 28 Dec 2009, 21:16

If it's during week-end, I'm available.
Forumosan avatar
JFP
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby IrishTony » 28 Dec 2009, 23:03

Sorry, looks like I made 2 silly mistakes I need to correct...

1. I'm not sure if this posting was originally for guys or girls.

Regardless, our club has both mens and ladies teams.

2. Some people replied to say they were interested, but it seems very serious and maybe too competitive.

We're not all that serious until it comes to tournaments and competitions, and our club always welcomes beginners who have never played before.

So even if you just want to join in for a kickabout on the weekend, and don't want to play in the competitions, still very welcome along to meet everyone and join in

:)

contact taiwancelts@gmail.com for more info
IrishTony

Contact info for the Football/Soccer league in Taipei

Postby igorveni » 27 Feb 2010, 12:20

Can someone post a website link? I need the schedule of the games on the week end by the Dazhi Bridge. ALso team info, how to join etc..
Thank you.
igorveni
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Re: Contact info for the Football/Soccer league in Taipei

Postby the bear » 27 Feb 2010, 12:36

igorveni wrote:Can someone post a website link? I need the schedule of the games on the week end by the Dazhi Bridge. ALso team info, how to join etc..
Thank you.

http://www.taiwanfootball.tv/index.php/Table/TPL/
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

27 Recommends(s)
100 Recognized(s)

Re: Contact info for the Football/Soccer league in Taipei

Postby igorveni » 27 Feb 2010, 15:59

Thanks.
igorveni

1 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

soccer / football clubs - indoor leagues?

Postby kbk1008 » 10 May 2010, 15:51

I'm wondering if anyone participates or knows of any indoor leagues in Taipei area? I'd love to kick the ball around again...
kbk1008

Re: soccer / football clubs - indoor leagues?

Postby muzharen » 12 May 2010, 13:58

I don't think there's any that are run and mainly participated in by foreigners although there might be a few Taiwanese ran games.

Its very hard to book a court off for something like that.

M
muzharen
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

One on One Soccer

Postby Afaxedfish » 10 Jun 2010, 15:03

I am looking to form a one on one soccer league. I figure if you can do basketball one on one you can do soccer one on one.

You can contact me at M8R-wp6jts@mailinator.com
Afaxedfish

Taipei soccer for over 30s

Postby sydneydave » 09 Aug 2010, 14:23

Hi Guys,

Looking for an expat social - competitive over 30s team to join.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Dave
sydneydave
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Sports