Jeremy Lin...Bringing the MSG to MSG

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: Jeremy Lin...Bringing the MSG to MSG

Postby mabagal » 15 Feb 2012, 13:45

I LOVE how he looked to the coach to ask for an isolation and coach gave him the "Let's go!" Confidence on confidence. This is inspirational in so many ways.

When do we get to have our Nike Air Lins?
mabagal
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

11 Recommends(s)
26 Recognized(s)

Postby Newbie2011 » 15 Feb 2012, 14:56

Satellite TV wrote:
Newbie2011 wrote:
Deuce Dropper wrote:
Newbie2011 wrote:Anybody know what channel(s) on tv is covering his games. Brass monkey is advertising it in HD. Just wondering if it was local or satellite.

It'll be on Star or ESPN. The guys over here bought a bunch of Knicks games to cash in on this craze.

Hmmm, I checked their tv listings online and no games listed.

If its in HD then its not on cable TV as there is no HD on Cable. Try another local provider like MOD and there is a schedule for the NBA games in HD. NBA games are also in HD and non hd channels on satellite as well.

Everybody knows ESPN STAR in Taiwan has very limited sports programming.

im after the Dallas , Knicks game Monday at 2am and I called ELTA HD on MOD and they won't be carrying that particular game.
ESPN star site not showing any games on their site. any help will be appreciated.
Newbie2011
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

1 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 15 Feb 2012, 15:28

Jeremy Lin Raptors Post Game Interview | 2.14.2012 | HD |

I have caught some of his games in the last few days....He looks very very good.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby dasaint » 15 Feb 2012, 15:34

Newbie2011 wrote:
Satellite TV wrote:
Newbie2011 wrote:
Deuce Dropper wrote:
Newbie2011 wrote:Anybody know what channel(s) on tv is covering his games. Brass monkey is advertising it in HD. Just wondering if it was local or satellite.

It'll be on Star or ESPN. The guys over here bought a bunch of Knicks games to cash in on this craze.

Hmmm, I checked their tv listings online and no games listed.

If its in HD then its not on cable TV as there is no HD on Cable. Try another local provider like MOD and there is a schedule for the NBA games in HD. NBA games are also in HD and non hd channels on satellite as well.

Everybody knows ESPN STAR in Taiwan has very limited sports programming.

im after the Dallas , Knicks game Monday at 2am and I called ELTA HD on MOD and they won't be carrying that particular game.
ESPN star site not showing any games on their site. any help will be appreciated.

try league pass international if you are nba fanatic. its available in taiwan now.
I'm back!
Forumosan avatar
dasaint
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

10 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby GC Rider » 15 Feb 2012, 15:37

Finally some positive comments here on Forumosa. You guys are really hard to please... :D
GC Rider

23 Recommends(s)
21 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 15 Feb 2012, 17:19

Newbie2011 wrote:im after the Dallas , Knicks game Monday at 2am and I called ELTA HD on MOD and they won't be carrying that particular game.

Next Monday 20 February? Video Land sports also going nuts on NBA now too.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby Oxtail » 16 Feb 2012, 07:23

Interesting article in the NYT that focuses on the Taiwanese/Chinese identity question:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/16/sport ... wanted=all

While in the car, Lin’s uncle volunteered his views on one of the most contentious questions on the Internet about Jeremy Lin and his family: whether they are Taiwanese or Chinese. “For sure, they are Taiwanese,” Lin Chi Chung said. “I spoke to Jeremy Lin’s father, who is my younger brother, and he said, ‘Make sure you point this out.’ ”

Both of Jeremy Lin’s parents were born in Taiwan and retain dual citizenship in Taiwan and the United States, Lin Chi Chung said. Jeremy Lin was born in California and has American citizenship, but has been offered dual citizenship in Taiwan as well by the foreign ministry here, his uncle added.

Lin Chi Chung said that he and Jeremy Lin’s father were eighth-generation descendants of immigrants from Fujian province in southeastern China who moved to Taiwan in 1707. They were part of a large wave of Fujian migration then, from whom most of Taiwan’s current residents are descendants, and these descendants tend to identify themselves as Taiwanese.
Oxtail
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 16 Feb 2012, 09:23

Non stop coverage on his favorite foods -fried rice and duck-, merchandise, his family in Zhanghua -well, but even CNN had shots of that-, and his videos on YouTube -how to get into a big school, hillarious.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

721 Recommends(s)
566 Recognized(s)

Postby shengou » 16 Feb 2012, 12:30

Lin Chi Chung said that he and Jeremy Lin’s father were eighth-generation descendants of immigrants from Fujian province in southeastern China who moved to Taiwan in 1707. They were part of a large wave of Fujian migration then, from whom most of Taiwan’s current residents are descendants, and these descendants tend to identify themselves as Taiwanese.

Interesting. I wonder if he's part of the slightly famous Lin family of this book. http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Pioneer-F ... 069103124X

I just saw the comments that were posted on facebook right after he was signed. Great to see some racist douches eat some crow. I'm getting sick of the culture of, "As long as it's funny, you can say anything you want online, and nobody can get angry at you for it, because they need to lighten up."
shengou
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 16 Feb 2012, 15:04

Satellite TV wrote:
Newbie2011 wrote:im after the Dallas , Knicks game Monday at 2am and I called ELTA HD on MOD and they won't be carrying that particular game.

Next Monday 20 February? Video Land sports also going nuts on NBA now too.

Right. I just noticed that the Apple Daily poster has the games calendar, too. :D :oops:
Saturday 2/18 at 9am, Weishu -that's Channel 72, right?
The game on 2/20 at 2am is "not certain". But it seems like a good time to go to a sports bar. :D
2/21 at 8:30am that's MOD, and 2/23 at 8:30 is Weishu.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

721 Recommends(s)
566 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Sports