Halo!!!

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Postby Noodleboy » 27 May 2004, 00:39

Man.....that just freaks me out....thinkin' that N64 is now considered as "retro"...
"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."
-Patrick Henry
Noodleboy
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Location: Soon to be Taiwan...again...which is total awesomeness

Postby Tetsuo » 27 May 2004, 01:05

Well, I wouldn't really put the N64 in the Retro category, but I didn't want to have to keep breaking it down by generation :wink: At least in the VG Collectors community back home, "retro" is 16-bit and earlier. Thanks to the Playstation's continued currency, there's debate about extending it as far as the PS/N64/Saturn gen.
Tetsuo
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

Postby Noodleboy » 27 May 2004, 03:58

I dunno...it seems old enough to be considered retro now...at least to me. It's archaic compared to the new systems that are out, not to mention anyone who still plays it (rather than the new systems) is viewed by most as a retard. All I can say is, I love my 'box.Image[/list]
"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."
-Patrick Henry
Noodleboy
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Location: Soon to be Taiwan...again...which is total awesomeness

Postby Tetsuo » 27 May 2004, 14:54

It's definitely a dead system, but considering it's at the halfway point technologically between the PS gen and the current gen, powerwise I don't think it's quite retro yet. Once the PS3/Revolution/XB2 come out, I'd say that'll but the N64 firmly in the retro category.
Tetsuo

Postby Big Fluffy Matthew » 27 May 2004, 15:13

Tetsuo wrote:Actually this thread makes me wonder - are there any game collectors around these parts?
Collect them ? Bah, I wrote 'em, a couple of Genesis/Megadrive ones.
Er.... thingy.
Forumosan avatar
Big Fluffy Matthew
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Sports