Taiwan Ice Hockey - Time Change

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Taiwan Ice Hockey - Time Change

Postby citizen k » 21 May 2004, 09:41

Any skaters looking to hit the ice this Sunday, we have a new time: 8:15 pm. Everyone's welcome to come out and have a look.

For addressed, info and other related stuff, click on:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/TaiwanIceHockey/

or pm with your questions.

Game on!
CK
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 21 Jan 1996

Postby citizen k » 21 May 2004, 09:44

Apologies for the typos; hands are still stiff from last night's game! :wink:

CK
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby OldToeSave » 21 May 2004, 11:50

citizen k wrote:Apologies for the typos; hands are still stiff from last night's game! :wink:

CK

Surgery scheduled for a week from tomorrow. Hopefully a month of rehab and I am there. :s

How many keepers have u been getting out? :yinyang:

I may be getting some insurance cake from my accident. I am psyched about shopping for new gear. :D

Have you been to the store that was recommended on the other thread? :help:

Do they have a mountain of gear to choose from? :noway:

Can I get thinking any more wishfully? I may as well ask if I'll ever get used to the smell of ChoDoFu (the tasty treat, not the 'umosan). :stinkyface:

Can most of the skaters skate backwards and lift the puck or can we time slapshots with a calendar? :cool:

Do you love a mouthy goalie? :twisted:

PUMPED BOYZ! PUMPED :snoopy:

How 'bout dem Flames! Iginla ROX.... :canada:
OldToeSave
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby citizen k » 21 May 2004, 12:03

Hey Stew,

Good to hear you're excited about coming out! Sorry to hear about the surgery and look forward to seeing you out after your rehabilitation.

We have a rotation crew of three regular goalies; between them and their busy schedules, they get organized so that two of them usually turn up.

Don't know about mouthy goalies, but we do have quite a few guys who are pretty vocal when they play; all in good fun, of course.

Finally, I can highly recommend the shop on the web link for gear; bought all my stuff there in one go. That's saying a lot considering I have size 11 feet! The owner's pretty resourceful and a straight-shooter; if he doesn't have something you want, I'm sure he could order it and have it here pretty quick. The address is on the link under the post for equipment for sale.

Take care of that injury and hope to see you soon!

CK
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby ImaniOU » 22 May 2004, 21:23

Is there free skating afterwards? I love to watch hockey, but I would also like to hit the ice myself without getting a body check.
"We're talking about Taiwanese media whose attention spans make your average goldfish look like the Amazing Kreskin."
- ImaniOU
Forumosan avatar
ImaniOU
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

Location: On Ihla Forumosa.com, waiting for the babelfish to kick in
2 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby sticks of fury » 23 May 2004, 00:00

ImaniOU wrote:Is there free skating afterwards? I love to watch hockey, but I would also like to hit the ice myself without getting a body check.

You could be the referee!
Forumosan avatar
sticks of fury
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Postby ImaniOU » 23 May 2004, 05:29

Oh no, I've seen what hockey fans do to referees after the game.
"We're talking about Taiwanese media whose attention spans make your average goldfish look like the Amazing Kreskin."
- ImaniOU
Forumosan avatar
ImaniOU

Location: On Ihla Forumosa.com, waiting for the babelfish to kick in
2 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby citizen k » 24 May 2004, 10:46

Hi Imani,

They actually have a lot of free skating times at the rink.

Take a look at this link for more info:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar ... 2003101551

Happy skating,
CK
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Sports