Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Skydiving

Whether it's football, basketball, hockey or tennis, share your love for the game in Forumosa's Sports Forum!

Re: Skydiving

Postby Ex Animo » 29 May 2012, 18:20

Lots of people base jump in Taiwan. Without parachutes, though.
sean@thesanctuarytaiwan.org / 0920 620109

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby Demolition man » 21 Jul 2013, 22:46

Hi, everyone.

I'm an ex-french military married to my Taiwanese wife for 18 years now. I've got the dutch military basic wings, have 41 static line jumps to this day and I've got my own MC1-1D parachute with T-10R MIRPS modified reserve which I use for commemorative jumps. With my wife and daughter, we return to Taiwan every two years or so and I was wondering if there was some place in Taiwan where I can make static line jumps either as a civilian, either as a military. Thanks for your help.

François
Demolition man
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby omerojs » 23 Jul 2013, 09:39

Demolition man wrote:Hi, everyone.

I'm an ex-french military married to my Taiwanese wife for 18 years now. I've got the dutch military basic wings, have 41 static line jumps to this day and I've got my own MC1-1D parachute with T-10R MIRPS modified reserve which I use for commemorative jumps. With my wife and daughter, we return to Taiwan every two years or so and I was wondering if there was some place in Taiwan where I can make static line jumps either as a civilian, either as a military. Thanks for your help.

François

for a second i thought you were going to say that you were opening your own skydiving school in Taiwan... too bad you are not..
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!

This post was recommended by Novaspes (23 Jul 2013, 12:19)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
omerojs
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

5 Recognized(s)

Postby JamesMovieFanatic » 15 Sep 2013, 06:44

I did it 4 times in Hemet, California. Needed 4 more to get certified but never did. Got boring after the 3rd one. I'm hoping to finish that and then skyboard! Wish I could do halo dives, but they're very illegal... oh well
Get busy living or get busy dying. --Andy Dufresne
Forumosan avatar
JamesMovieFanatic
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

2 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Sports